• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

parked

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parked

Fixed a washout yesterday and parked the sc****r the ground is finally frozen. Went past a dugout that was right full of ducks like you could not wedge another one in there. Most ducks I have seen in years had to be a great hatch with all our water problems this spring. Most dugouts will be frozen over by weekend.

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
    Fixed a washout yesterday and parked the sc****r the ground is finally frozen. Went past a dugout that was right full of ducks like you could not wedge another one in there. Most ducks I have seen in years had to be a great hatch with all our water problems this spring. Most dugouts will be frozen over by weekend.
    Yup -22 here this morning with a -31 windchill. Over 10 inches of snow, getting difficult to travel in the fields. Instant winter this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
      Yup -22 here this morning with a -31 windchill. Over 10 inches of snow, getting difficult to travel in the fields. Instant winter this year.
      It was a shock to happen so fast. We went from T shirt weather to excellent snowmobile weather almost overnight. But, I'd rather have an abrupt change of season, rather than the usual snow in September, then melt, then a few more times in October, then melt, then melt a couple more times in November before winter finally comes to stay. I like winter, but it can stick to its designated season, instead of spilling out into fall and spring like it usually does.

Comment

Another day, another day of shattering low temperature records. The carbon tax is working incredibly well.

Comment

Was waiting to haul hay. The first snow had partially melted and made access to the fields a muddy mess. So I waited for freeze up. Now access is going to be an issue. Ahhh farming as a smart dude once said.

Comment

Winter came to early and to sudden for me. A foot of snow makes everything tougher to do.

Old timers used to say field work would usually end by around Halloween and that's still the case after all these years of a warming planet.

Comment

It’s too dry for the ground to freeze here. Even my folks don’t remember going into winter this dry before. I guess I should send Mallee some tow slings and chains since they haven’t been used in some time here.

Next year country here😎

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                It’s too dry for the ground to freeze here. Even my folks don’t remember going into winter this dry before. I guess I should send Mallee some tow slings and chains since they haven’t been used in some time here.

Next year country here😎
                We found him some , it’s the freight that’s the killer
                I would gladly send him ours but the freight is 4x the cost of just the straps

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  We found him some , it’s the freight that’s the killer
                  I would gladly send him ours but the freight is 4x the cost of just the straps
                  My frozen toes and fingers are saying I should hop on a plane and personally deliver them. I prefer my ice in a drink than under my feet⛄️

Comment

My frozen toes and fingers are saying I should hop on a plane and personally deliver them. I prefer my ice in a drink than under my feet⛄️
                    I think that’s a great idea 👍👍

Comment

Next year country here😎
                      Same case here. Drier than a popcorn fart.

Pounding posts and making fence here right now. 8-10” of snow on the ground.

Comment

-30 here… missed the last snow, cold… windchill- -40…

Over 50% of electrical bill is administrative… $500/month+ Average

Natural gas is $32.50… and 20psi supply gas Coop… wonderful people to work with… hope carbon tax is removed from NG soon…

Time to go off electrical grid….

Comment

The fat cat executives in the utilities need their doctor salaries, you know.

Comment

I see reports this morning that significant increase in Mississippi River water levels have resulted in much increased barge traffic and basis increase as barge tolls decrease.

Ships out of Ukrainian ports are increasing as Putin seems to be dialing back nuclear rhetoric and not threatening shipping at the moment.

Ukrainian production is reported down 30% this crop year, and also shipping is down 30%… but is moving again now.

Could significantly pressure US grain markets as they are significantly over priced vs global grain prices….

Interesting times!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...