• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Tax on Share buyback Is Lunacy!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Tax on Share buyback Is Lunacy!

We on farms should be prepared for insanity as well…

Naive question.
    If the CEO, CFOs of our major industries. Educated, or even threatened our nimrods in office, could it not get somewhere??? Someone with spine and substance simply saying "no".
    Where's the checks and balances?
    Venezuela North.

Comment

The oil companies may have gotten off lucky here. There were factions calling for a wealth tax on these companies.

But it doesnt just affect energy companies. The banks, CN, CP, etc all fall under it including some big Quebec ones as well. Maybe the CEOs of those companies might start pushing back a bit.

Comment

i think skippy real soon is going to get the Karma we have all been waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          i think skippy real soon is going to get the Karma we have all been waiting for.
          Heck no, that little creature will be farting through silk his whole life.

Comment

Most business in canuckistan is in bed with the government so that is why you hear little boat rocking. Case in point is viterra and nutrien, heavily owned by the cpp, and members of the wef. This is one of the reasons why collusion on the ag inputs side is widely tolerated. The only way business can make money in God forsaken, frozen canuckistan is to have government do things for you like limiting competition.

Comment

If I read correctly this change will take place in 2024. Oil companies will be aggressively buying back shares in 2023 before it is taxed.

After this point it might result in higher dividends being paid out which the shareholders will be taxed on. (Except shares held in a TFSA)

Comment

Collusion has always been tolerated by the 2 Major parties.
                When was the last court case on the feable anti combines and monolopy laws we do have. Never.
                What message does that send ?
                Some poor bugger can steal 400$ and be
                Charged and do time .Galen weston steals millions price fixing. and still be a corporate darling.
                Conservatives or liberals same boss.

Comment

Sawfly, is Singh the boss of the Conservative party too?

Comment

The ndp have never been in power federally. So hard to know.
                    So no sense blaming any of the real left or Soros for globalization or just about anything. Is there?

Funny when Trump or convoy types blame globalization, corporate contol
                    exporting jobs etc. On some left elite Kabal in a bunker some where. Thats a laugh.
                    It was the Reagans Bushes Clinton Trump ,Mulroney and Harper and liberals and Putin.
                    That have enriched the 1/10 of 1 % to own 1/2 the planet

Whether its lack of regulation of banks , reckless Govt. Spending . bailouts of the rich and the banks . War mongering etc.
                    Its all in their court.
                    No pipelines being built in Canada .
                    Harper had 8 years . And not a mile of pipe.

Russian oligarchs with Trillions and average Russian in poverty.
                    The States headed the same way.
                    I can't see the attraction.
                    I dont get it. Kill the middle class. Enrich the rich

Comment

Sawfly
                      Personal responsibility is most dependable to share wealth.

Our culture is descending into feel good rebellious subculture..

My local electrician spends 3/4 of his time fixing copper theft destruction on infrastructure…

The stoned thieves hook straps to their 4/4 pickup, with an battery angle grinder break into fenced yards, cut open the cable or transformer securing brackets… and pull whatever cable or transformer equipment with their able to wrap straps around… an pull with the truck apart.

Transformer oil spills, grid and plant shutdowns… so that the thieves can sell a few hundred dollars of copper…

100,000’s of damage…plant shut downs… power outages …

Cops have pictures of plates and faces… on security… but laws don’t stop intoxicated addicts… bail and out, steal vehicles etc etc…

Now copper going from prairies to BC as scrap metal dealers here are clamping down on copper scrap…’salvage’… a quick buck for unscrupulous salvage scrap guys… seems to keep thieves going…

When security is really tight… the thieves come back with a rifle and shoot holes in transformers and plants, creating oil spills and causing shut downs…

Your utopia of humanity with out evil and selfishness… is impossible to legislate… laws don’t stop stupid!!!

Then… woke society foolishness says God never existed , we are animals evolved from primordial slime… evolutionary stupidity rules… just like the insanity of Climate Change EV electrical transformation of civilization… to save the planet from a nebulous 2c temperature increase that is said to destroy civilization???!!!

An extinction event is likely… 99% chance climate temperatures will have nothing to do with the world of the End!!!

The hearts of Canadians who built our nation… my neighbors… were motivated by God fearing respect for King Jesus the creator and salvation of humanity.

He shall have Dominion from Sea to Sea… PsalmS, Bible verses are embedded into our Parliamentary buildings and laws…

Good is evil, and chaos should guide civilization???

Good luck with that!!!

Blessings

Comment

I guess the questions are what do you want the country to look like, how will you make it work and who's going to pay for it? All three have to be answered with one solution.

Comment

Originally posted by jensend View Post
                          I guess the questions are what do you want the country to look like, how will you make it work and who's going to pay for it? All three have to be answered with one solution.
                          Grab a pen and paper, open google and tabulate the current market value of canadas resources.

Theres your answer. But let me help you, it would easily be $100T.

Canada is never going to be a tech or EV or manufacturing power house. Our investment climate doesnt permit it and world labour costs destroy that idea.

But we have a lot of what others dont have and desperately need.

But that would mean a transfer ort power into western canada and we cant let that happen, so we choose to be chronic under performers and the richest resource nation in the world which also carries a huge debt.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                            The ndp have never been in power federally. So hard to know.

Really? Singh is doing a great job propping up a Liberal minority government.

So no sense blaming any of the real left or Soros for globalization or just about anything. Is there?

Funny when Trump or convoy types blame globalization, corporate contol
                            exporting jobs etc. On some left elite Kabal in a bunker some where. Thats a laugh.
                            It was the Reagans Bushes Clinton Trump ,Mulroney and Harper and liberals and Putin.
                            That have enriched the 1/10 of 1 % to own 1/2 the planet

Whether its lack of regulation of banks , reckless Govt. Spending . bailouts of the rich and the banks . War mongering etc.
                            Its all in their court.
                            No pipelines being built in Canada .
                            Harper had 8 years . And not a mile of pipe.

You fail to mention that some of those pipelines were ten years in environmental review. With the "No New Pipelines Bill", no new ones will ever be proposed either.

Russian oligarchs with Trillions and average Russian in poverty.
                            The States headed the same way.
                            I can't see the attraction.
                            I dont get it. Kill the middle class. Enrich the rich
                            I guess if you don't look or it isn't written in the "Commonwealth" it isn't true.

Comment

Lep not sure what you alludeing to . I do not get the commenwealth.
                              My point was valid. Virtually everything the right ******* about. They themselves made happen.
                              If they had taken a leftist approach .
                              Kept ownership of our resources.
                              We might have been swimming in money like Norway.
                              And for Toms sermon . He always goes there when he has no rebuttal.
                              Religion is somehow the cure . But in the US . Way more religious than here . More folks in prison than anywhere on the planet. Actually the less religious societys around the world have less crime.
                              Likey every one of those trying to overthrow the US election on Jan 6. Riots would claim they are religious.
                              And likey the right brand that even Tom would Actually approve.
                              Then the convoy crew in Canada, more of the same.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...