• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could be interesting Monday in grain markets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be interesting Monday in grain markets

[QUOTE=furrowtickler;552267][IMG]

Russia offering to replace Ukrainian grain with its own after withdrawing from the grain agreement
    SATURDAY, 29 OCTOBER 2022, 23:40

KATERYNA NYSHCHENKO – SATURDAY, 29 OCTOBER 2022, 23:40
    After the stopping of the country's participation in the Black Sea Grain Initiative [an agreement brokered by the UN with Russia and Türkiye launched on 22 July to enable ships to transport grain from Ukraine - ed.]., the Russian Ministry of Agriculture announced that Russia is ready to completely replace Ukrainian grain on the world market.
    Source: Head of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation Dmitry Patrushev, according to the information from RIA Novosti and Meduza.
    Quote: "Taking into account the current year's harvest, the Russian Federation is ready to completely replace Ukrainian grain and to make deliveries at acceptable prices to all interested countries."
    "Taking into account the fact that Russia has always been and remains a reliable partner and is ready to provide the world with the necessary amount of food, our country is ready to supply up to 500,000 tons of grain to the poorest countries free of charge in the next four months. In particular, we will do this with the participation of our reliable partner – Turkey".
    Details: Patrushev also stated that the grain agreement "not only did not solve the problems of the countries in need, but even aggravated them in a certain sense", since ships from Ukraine were allegedly mainly headed for Europe, which was repeatedly denied by representatives of Ukraine.

Comment

Unusual text from a grain company today Saturday. The Russian grain deal is dead so get your targets in for Sunday night.
      Most often I don't put targets in or take advice from grain companies and this time is no different.
      Last edited by seldomseen; Oct 29, 2022, 22:41.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
        Unusual text from a grain company today Saturday. The Russian grain is dead so get your targets in for Sunday night.
        Most often I don't put targets in or take advice from grain companies and this time is no different.
        I got one as well , reason I posted . Hard to get info from them during working hours let alone on a Saturday.
        Time will tell I guess

Comment

https://www.barchart.com/story/news/11164401/limit-up-on-wheat

Will see come Monday I guess

Comment

The russian wheat will be blocked, just because fools run the world. Next month they try an oil cap too. Children in power.

Nice we got that snow this past week. Its all melted now and slowly moved into the top layer and will freeze in place for the spring.

Comment

Did some Bob-catting today. the ground is wet as far as I could dig.

Comment

I enjoy when grainco's cold call with a special or try to create some kinda urgency then I know the price is about to go higher.
                Last edited by biglentil; Oct 29, 2022, 21:59.

Comment

Russia just cancelled the agreement that allowed grain exports from Ukraine again. That will light a fire under prices too.

Comment

Monday definitely could be interesting, hoping that wheat prices can gain momentum and not flop after a 3 day rally. Gives me a 2nd chance to price the remaining 21 wheat crop that I didn't pull the trigger on after wheat prices hit over $17. Will be watching rally from the bottom of the world in NZ. Did a cruise of Milford Sound yesterday and up in Queenstown today taking a taste of the local breweries today.

Comment

Comment

Holy crap they are sure making good money on a bushel of barley.

Comment

I see the ag world is all abuzz about this news. But I hardly consider this to be a black swan. Did anyone seriously think this wasn't going to occur? I expect most considered this to be a "when", not an "if". Which is much of the reason why prices are as high as they are. I can see this being a buy the rumour sell the fact type of event. Unless it is followed up by a major escalation in hostilities, which it probably will be.

Comment

The dryness in Argentina, how destructive flooding and serious downgrading Australian wheat quality is, if the decent rain forecast for southern US comes to fruition…

Plentiful rice, harvest pressure as the US corn and soybeans winds up ahead of normal…the US interest rate increasing… oil price volatility…

Putin is playing games… with our grains… that should be abundantly obvious… seeking to get Russian grain (and stolen Ukrainian) … just like with the Natural Gas market… manipulation.

Cheers, Wisdom, and Blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              I see the ag world is all abuzz about this news. But I hardly consider this to be a black swan. Did anyone seriously think this wasn't going to occur? I expect most considered this to be a "when", not an "if". Which is much of the reason why prices are as high as they are. I can see this being a buy the rumour sell the fact type of event. Unless it is followed up by a major escalation in hostilities, which it probably will be.

everyone knew the black sea deal was a ticking time bomb. prices are high but imo they have been capped for the last 3 plus weeks in preperation of "said event"... flirt with 12 bucks fall to 11.30 back to flirting with twelve. They knew we knew everyone knew... had to keep the cat in the bag on the price so to speak for the eventuall escalation or expired black sea deal... which in a free world market haha should cause prices to 🚀

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...