• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community pays tribute to young boy killed in farm accident

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community pays tribute to young boy killed in farm accident

Sadly this came with this yrs harvest as well. We all get rushing around and forget what we are doing and it just takes a split second to change your life forever over a crop. A crop that most people ignore you for growing and will even attack you for.

Never put your familys life or your own health in jeopardy for this business.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	780309
    Last edited by jazz; Oct 22, 2022, 08:18.

It’s important to know what happened so others can learn from this tragedy. Safety First!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      It’s important to know what happened so others can learn from this tragedy. Safety First!
      2nd hand reports but driven down by the grain cart.

Comment

What age do you think is good age to drive combine?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          What age do you think is good age to drive combine?
          There’s a can of worms you opened. Depends on the kid and being a parent to instruct properly and allow the appropriate amount of time they operate. I swear I was in more danger riding race horses and bulls at a young age before being allowed to operate much equipment but probably could f more stuff up at the helm of a combine. My youngest is 10 and can shift a 15 speed. He’s been driving everything since he was 5 albeit me or his grappa have been riding with him. This year he actually seeded his first crop which he baled some of it himself with me watching from the side of the field. Other kid who’s older I’m more cautious to let as they haven’t had the experience. All said my kid is 10 and you have to remember that. Some are precocious but they’re still kids.

Comment

I started driving machinery at 14. Harvested a crop at 15 because my dad had fallen and hurt his back. As far as I am concerned 16 is a good number. Learners permit 16 , drive a car drive a tractor.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...