• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Areas that desperately need it will miss it

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Most Areas that desperately need it will miss it
      Click image for larger version

Name:	NOAA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	773944

Name:	QPF.jpg
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	773945

forecast changes every three hours with Roslyn

00z put more rain in....

Name:	00z.jpg
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	773948

Name:	QPF 22 10 00z.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	773953
      Last edited by LWeber; Oct 22, 2022, 14:07.

Comment

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
        Amazing that some of you have been so cold already. At my house in SW Sask, it has yet to get below 0C yet.
        SE AB here, and much the same. Kids picked a pile of sweet peas for mom yesterday. Willows still have full green foliage. Just cleaned the tomatoes off the vine. Volunteer wild oats from harvested pea fields had enough time to make viable seed. Theres been a touch of white on shady pieces of grass, but we haven't had a temp below 33 or 34 likely until tonight.

2/10ths of slow rain here this morning and afternoon. Perhaps I'll be able to get a soil probe into the ground yet? Water holes I haven't seen dry in 30 years are sitting empty. Cattle guys are tankering water. Subsoil empty, and guys doing conventional tillage have had significant soil erosion with these last few frontal systems. What was the old normal seems to be the new normal once again.
        Last edited by helmsdale; Oct 21, 2022, 21:12.

Comment

Down here in SW Sask. anything wet would be welcome. Right here where we farm/ranch we have had a 1/4 inch of moisture and that was Sept. 22nd . To say the least we are running on empty. The last time our part of the world had moisture like Saskfarmers area was in 2010. Man how I wish we could combine some crops like in his pictures.

Hate to complain on here , but the dry spell can F##K off any time. To the ones who have had a decent crop this year I am truly happy for you , just wish we could be part of the group.

Next year country. My Dad used to say that.

Take care all.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
            To the ones who have had a decent crop this year I am truly happy for you , just wish we could be part of the group.
            The ones including myself that hit a home run this year shouldnt get too ahead of themselves. We were one hair away from a fall disaster here.

It was only the stars aligning that we didnt have a canola wreck or a bunch of wheat downgraded to feed and lentils for pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              The ones including myself that hit a home run this year shouldnt get too ahead of themselves. We were one hair away from a fall disaster here.

It was only the stars aligning that we didnt have a canola wreck or a bunch of wheat downgraded to feed and lentils for pigs.
              Some of the October yields were unreal.

Comment

Name:	E018B4F6-44DA-4EFD-A486-270BDD01B190.jpg
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	773956

I hate snow and we got quite a bit.

Comment

Ground is white but only a half inch in the rain gauge. It’s still drizzling but probably won’t amount to much more. Thankful for what we get. 👍

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...