• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good Morning all it's the final crop report of the year.

Yes, our farm was done on Saturday and then like usual we went north and did 11 more quarters this week of Oats that we seeded in the spring and some Canola. We finished yesterday and after a few drinks and pizza were parked, that is it for harvest 2022. Close to 12000 acres completed.

Only a few farms are left to harvest in the area so not bad for most of this crop to get seeded in June. Yes and some even later in June. It has been one wet year with some of our land having up to 16 plus in of rain and our lowest had a foot of rain.

The months of Sept and Oct have been the driest two of the year, but that might change on Sunday with a massive system coming up from the South. Let's hope we get an inch or two to seal the ground for winter.

Yukon is packed and we leave for Florida in a couple of weeks.

Most in our area have harrowed all the fields because some drills don't go through lots of straw. Bales are still being picked and still guys baling straw.

Lots of guys cleaning up slough bottoms that are dry again and some guys just finish and are gone and do nothing.

It looks like we will get over some of the lands before Saturday or Sunday but that's how it goes some times you don't get finished.

Cat work and track hoe will start in a week.

Yields for most guys were average to way above in the area. Early seeded maybe didn't get the top marks this year but next, it may win.

Pig shit going down on two new quarters this fall and two next spring. Hug a pig farmer it pays.

Canola yield is 19.35 MT Some had awesome some had average and some very very poor.

So enjoy the winter we switch next week to The Cocktail Friday shit.

Stay safe and it was one ****ing awesome of a year.

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Stay safe and it was one ****ing awesome of a year.
    Thank you for your weekly dedication SKF - it is much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Larry i enjoy it.

Comment

Comment

soiltestsgetting done today.

Comment

Commodity prices lower, fert higher, I will be following the 30% reduction in fert, maybe more.

No fall rains and forecast for winter is cold and very little snow.

Another yr of bending over is almost over.

Comment

It’s a beautiful fall to get things done. Today is the icing on the cake. 🎂🐎💪🏼

Comment

Very nice morning here at about 10 degrees and no wind. Trying hard to get all the NH3 done. Ground is hard and dry and some are giving up hoping rain will help soften it up. I am going to keep going till I am done because the only other option for nitrogen I have would be mid row banders in the spring.
                Cost of N and convenience favors fall applied for me.

Comment

Looks like they took the rain out of the forecast here.
                  Still have some heifer grazing here. The owners have been feeding them a couple of bales every few days but they are mostly happy to graze whats left out there.
                  Not much regrowth since mid August but still some green.
                  Alfalfa is frozen now.
                  Was freezing for 12 hours on the weekend. -10 at daybreak.

Comment

Mandako full fields begin to cut up pea stubble and work ground first time in over 10 years.

Comment

sprayed a couple hundred acres yesterday
                      some regrowth after that -11 a couple weeks ago
                      trying to get volunteer alfalfa , maybe froze too much ?
                      time will tell, was +18 yesterday!
                      winterizing today
                      juice , sulphur floating all done
                      what an amazing fall !!!!!!
                      have an amazing jump on spring!

Comment

Amazing that some of you have been so cold already. At my house in SW Sask, it has yet to get below 0C yet.

Comment

We had one or two nights about a week ago min 10 that cooked everything.

They are changing the weekend forecast every hour it seems.

I’m still thinking we might get quite a bit.

Pig shit should be done today on the half section. The rest will be spring 2023.

Pea stubble I’m working has good moisture.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EBFE4281-B5DC-4A6F-8D39-9DE885669B1E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	773940

Comment

Well it looks like we’re back in the wet area big time.
                              i’m almost done with fall tillage work so time to refill the tank

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...