• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Fertilizer could well be much cheaper at the origin by seeding season.

But that may not translate into lower costs, or even availability when and where it is needed.
    At this point we have a worldwide diesel shortage. Mississippi River system almost at a standstill due to low water levels.
    Looming rail strikes in the US.

And on the supply side no sign of any willingness to de-escalate the situation in eastern europe.
    On the demand side, high grain prices aren't going to help cut demand for fertilizer.

I willing to accept the risk that prices could be significantly lower by spring, compared to the risk I don't get the product at all.
    Co-op in Regina is supposed to be corked full of fuel. Had to throttle back. New refinery by Kerrobert Sk is coming on line.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
      ...New refinery by Kerrobert Sk is coming on line.
      About freakin' time. Driving by that place it's looked like construction has been complete for almost 2 years.

Comment

Co-op in Regina is supposed to be corked full of fuel. Had to throttle back. New refinery by Kerrobert Sk is coming on line.
        Now we just need to find a way to get that to the East Coast and to Europe and to China etc.

Comment

Who’s refinery is in Kerrobert? First I heard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
            Involves some large farmers , aviation fuel part of the gig

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post

https://www.westcentralonline.com/articles/construction-begins-on-micro-refinery-near-kerrobert

The 16,000 barrels per day (bpd) of light crude that they will be bringing in will be sourced from right here in the region and the refined products that will be produced will also, for the most part, stay very local for the products that are usable in the local markets.

Of the anticipated 5,500 bpd of ultra low sulphur diesel that will be produced through the distillation process, Weisbrod stated that a large portion of that will be distributed to large farming operations and other local markets including earth moving contractors.

159 liters is what i could find for barrel of diesel volume

I know dick about crude production ... some on here were giants in the patch before they went farming; maybe they can chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Involves some large farmers , aviation fuel part of the gig
                That one got canceled. They surveyed the land and that’s as far as it got. Was 2 1/2 miles from my farm.

Comment

That one got canceled. They surveyed the land and that’s as far as it got. Was 2 1/2 miles from my farm.
                  Ahh ok , had not heard much about it till this got brought up again

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...