• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    what kinda opener ?, single side band or paired row ? whats the most product you have put ?
    we use SSB atom jet and i get scared after 300 lbs product although have never had a problem
    A question Caseih. I had atomjet side band with 3/4 inch centres. Then I put on atomjet high rate side band with 1 inch centres. I do prefer the high rate side band but not sure I prefer the 1 inch centres. Highest fertilizer I have used would be 310 lbs. per acre, had no issues. What are your thoughts 3/4 inch or 1 inch centres?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      what kinda opener ?, single side band or paired row ? whats the most product you have put ?
      we use SSB atom jet and i get scared after 300 lbs product although have never had a problem
      we use atomjet sideband for cereals put some with seed and majority thru sideband. cereal rates are under 200 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        A question Caseih. I had atomjet side band with 3/4 inch centres. Then I put on atomjet high rate side band with 1 inch centres. I do prefer the high rate side band but not sure I prefer the 1 inch centres. Highest fertilizer I have used would be 310 lbs. per acre, had no issues. What are your thoughts 3/4 inch or 1 inch centres?
        we just have the 3/4" side band , thats all we have ever used except for the morris gumbo boots back in the day (very crude but effective)
        great thing about atom jet is you can try them for a spring and get your money back if you don't like them
        had a fert salesman clean a run behind our drill with a brush (he was not a believer), anyways he cleaned 10 feet of drill run and it was amazing, seed and fert were 3/4" apart , he was impressed!, we never put any fert with seed and are told over and over that that is bad . but we have done many trials and there is never any difference , ever.
        Last spring we got some shitty seed (5% germ) was reseeding last day of may , was pissed off , and set drill wrong so single shot 40 lbs actual phos on 40 acres by mistake on a field that already had 35 lbs act phos , again no difference!
        normally we are on the wet side tho
        Last edited by Guest; Nov 5, 2022, 13:13.

Comment

Was told by one retailer to hold off on buying fert? Said it is slowly coming down. Anybody seeing/hearing the same?

Comment

Probably will, all N +S in the ground and Phos in the bin, you are welcome.

Comment

All our dry bought and binned, still need to buy juice. I’d be very surprised if it’s under $1.00 expecting
              +$1.20

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                Was told by one retailer to hold off on buying fert? Said it is slowly coming down. Anybody seeing/hearing the same?
                Was told price is flat from late summer. Didnt want to take any chances. All stored on farm, plus glyphos and Liberty.

Comment

It would be helpful to all of us on here if you shared his professional explanation as to how he can make such a prediction.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                    It would be helpful to all of us on here if you shared his professional explanation as to how he can make such a prediction.

Thanks
                    They are the same as grain buyers. Don’t believe a word they say.
                    Prices are the same day today as last yr, and we all paid those prices, and will do it again.

Comment

Dtn U.S. retail fertilizer trends show 11-52 and Potash softening slightly in the last month while Urea and Anhydrous continue to appreciate slightly. I haven’t talked to any of my local retailers in the last couple weeks. Still short of nitrogen in Europe so I would be surprised if prices softened very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                        Dtn U.S. retail fertilizer trends show 11-52 and Potash softening slightly in the last month while Urea and Anhydrous continue to appreciate slightly. I haven’t talked to any of my local retailers in the last couple weeks. Still short of nitrogen in Europe so I would be surprised if prices softened very much.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-06 094649.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	774039

Here you go...

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

Thanks
                          No explanation given. Just that the price trend is to the softer side, and that she would take a wait and see approach for now.

Comment

No explanation given. Just that the price trend is to the softer side, and that she would take a wait and see approach for now.
                            Its not just the price Flea, but can you guarantee its at the plant in April.

Have you looked for childrens tylenol lately. Doesn't take much in our JIT globalized system to throw things off.

Comment

Our phos showed up 1 month early by rail car..
                              That was a weird one..glad it's on our bin..

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                Its not just the price Flea, but can you guarantee its at the plant in April.

Have you looked for childrens tylenol lately. Doesn't take much in our JIT globalized system to throw things off.
                                Fertilizer could well be much cheaper at the origin by seeding season.

But that may not translate into lower costs, or even availability when and where it is needed.
                                At this point we have a worldwide diesel shortage. Mississippi River system almost at a standstill due to low water levels.
                                Looming rail strikes in the US.

And on the supply side no sign of any willingness to de-escalate the situation in eastern europe.
                                On the demand side, high grain prices aren't going to help cut demand for fertilizer.

I willing to accept the risk that prices could be significantly lower by spring, compared to the risk I don't get the product at all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...