• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAIN needed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    she's a dry bitch in the swamp
    that 2" is long gone but what a blessing that was
    8" total snow till now in a area that traditionally gets 15" plus
    but market thinks its all good
    We’re almost triple what you have had then and I think we’re only about an hour south. Crazy year.

Comment

Hasn’t rained here since July 2020. Showers sure but a real soaking rain no. Can’t get much drier I don’t think.
      There is virtually no surface water anywhere except deep dugouts. Large sloughs are all dry.
      A foot of rain this fall wouldn’t be too much; more like a good start. 🤞

Comment

we’re good for fall

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          Your annoying you get Rain all summer then come on here saying how dry the area is !
          Another fact is that land “way out there” has received more rain than our area all but one year we farmed it . Catch’s rains from NW and SW we miss here in general. This year no exception, caught a rain mid July that went north of us down the Highworth grid and slid SE that missed 90% of our area at a very critical time
          It was an early Sunday morning. Will check exact date .
          Was Wednesday July 6 , 6:30 am . Not a Sunday . That one hit that east land , missed majority of ours . 3/10 here , 1 inch plus way out there . Not much after for meaningful yield contribution after that for anyone in area.
          Was a very sporadic year in this area and many others .
          Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 28, 2022, 21:48.

Comment

After Thanksgiving, it can rain non-stop for a month, then the snow can move in.

Comment

The 1.5 inches we got soaked in and has dried up nice.
              We are combining barley with lots of straw thrown back on the field. With that layer of straw on top the ground will gradually get wetter and wetter until freeze up. Funny thing about this clay. Once nothing is growing on it the water seems to seep up from below and it doesn't stay dry long.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                Your annoying you get Rain all summer then come on here saying how dry the area is !
                Strange
                Out of all the people on here , I find furrow one of the least annoying?
                Really enjoy his side by sides , test plots etc ?
                Did he hurt your feelings ?
                Oh well , to each his own I guess
                Have you got it all in the bin/bag/pile ?

Comment

Annoying, not Furrow at all. 👍

Comment

Guess I'm a poor farmer.
                    I never get "too" much of anything.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...