• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola harvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    Read that too. Seen it with my own eyes. Reports coming in from areas not far away on ground better than mine in the 30’s. That $900 per bag canola seed did no better than the cheap stuff. Been that way last 3+ years. Parasites better realize flax and cereals are penciling out just as good and less risk. Cinderella is old grumpy and expects more than she deserves. Still figure if all the expected crush capacity comes to fruition we won’t be able to satisfy that let alone export. Throw in fertilizer reduction bs and disease pressure and we will be importing the crap.
    Our farm Down to 15% canola left finish Tuesday]... no surprises... just like WiltonRanch[60bu is under 40]... the chances of upward volatility in Canola prices is decreasing exponentially... early buy programs for inputs... high interest costs... decent movement of grains, will demand hold up? End users have low stocks... the only saving grace... plus supply chain delivery risks encourage refilling stocks...... should keep movement fluid /demand decent...

Comment

Talked with a retailer yesterday he told me their canola seed sales are up 150k from last yr already.
      My eyes nearly popped out of my head.

Fert and seed at record cost and selling like it’s free.

The canola must all be paid upfront the second you put your order in.

Not sure where all the excitement is this time of the yr.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...