• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre harvest with airplanes….

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mature trees came back with leaves the next spring but 1200, two year old trees never came back.
    It was +38c and a 40k wind it also wiped out 25 acres of oats.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
      20 years ago we got wiped out from the guy next door doing chem fallow, it took all the leaves of the older trees and killed off 1200 smaller trees, it’s kinda depressing when all the leaves are gone on August 4th. This year the same family took out 3 bee hives when the drifting hopper spray came this way. All done with a high clearance.

Chemfallow likely had banvel or another group 4 that did most of the damage. In our neck of the woods carragana take everything that gets thrown at them, no problem. Elms are another story.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
        The mature trees came back with leaves the next spring but 1200, two year old trees never came back.
        It was +38c and a 40k wind it also wiped out 25 acres of oats.
        Guys like that need a slap

Comment

I really think twice about ever getting aerial spraying done again. The last time I saw the spray coming on at twice the height of the trees and was foof and gone. That was fungicide and I have no idea what percentage of that load actually hit the crop. The best pilot from that operation I would get but you book your spraying and never know which inexperienced top gun you’re getting

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...