• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go time

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
    Guy on CBC yesterday said BC has had the least fires in 100 yrs.

But they quickly covered by saying it wasn't over yet and could still end very bad.

Guys with fire fighting equipment around here had very slow yr.
    What ???? I thought it was supposed to be drought and burnt forests and on and on and on

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      Hrs 13.9 moist 13.9 protein. Cool and dry.
      What? Cool and dry? Dry yes far from cool. Checked some lentils we did last week. 47C.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
        What? Cool and dry? Dry yes far from cool. Checked some lentils we did last week. 47C.
        20c today.

Comment

It’s all about the rona, just wait until the masking begins.

Comment

September weather looks hot and dry…

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
              September weather looks hot and dry…

Cheers

Comment

Forecast here looks like moving into normal fall weather later this week.
                Better get those grain swaths picked.

Comment

Yes looks like rain friday, but that may change by then. Last weekend we received 1.4 inches , friends eight miles south nothing. We lost five days of harvesting, they never shut down.Thats how the rains have been all year here.Hopefully holds off for a couple more weeks at least.

Comment

Seeing wheat yields vary by 20 plus bushels averages just miles apart depending on the rain lottery and zer subsoil moisture to carry a crop.
                    Even in certain fields that caught rains on one end is up to 30 bushel spread

Comment

Closer the NB and then north on hiway 4 and west of 4 yields are far more consistent.
                      East of 4 they vary huge with more spotty rains

Comment

I dont wanna say what the cereals did and I have lentils too green to reglone
                        Last edited by biglentil; Sep 3, 2022, 16:27.

Comment

just finished all the wheats. hrsw slightly above average durum average. Looked better from the road but still very thankful for what we got. heat took alot of the yeild we thought we were getting. East of kenaston/north of Davidson in the steep clay hills
                          Last edited by helmach; Sep 3, 2022, 19:41.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                            Yes, and thankfully the smoke stayed away too.
                            Spoke too soon. Haven't seen the sun all day for all the forest fire smoke here today. Wasn't in the forecast till halfway through the day either. I don't mind at all. Was supposed to be +33 here today, which is about 30 degrees outside of my comfort zone. Building grain bins lately in the blazing sun is not very pleasant, but was quite bearable today in the smoke and with some wind.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              Spoke too soon. Haven't seen the sun all day for all the forest fire smoke here today. Wasn't in the forecast till halfway through the day either. I don't mind at all. Was supposed to be +33 here today, which is about 30 degrees outside of my comfort zone. Building grain bins lately in the blazing sun is not very pleasant, but was quite bearable today in the smoke and with some wind.
                              34 degrees here today with a 40 km wind and every combine in the countryside going. trying to take advantage of the heat but sure hard on equipment. seen one fires smoke go up hard and fast in the distance... hope everyone made out ok in today's heat

Comment

Feels like fall. Sundown temps dropped like a rock. Should be done by Thursday. Beans are turning , last week in September.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...