• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
    10% luxury tax on vehicles over $100k starts today.
    Well… a lot of common vehicles we drive everyday are over $100k now.
    Does that include the luxury EV cars that no one can afford anyway ?

Comment

that ****er is going to tax 3500 durax”s.

any one see this article fr om NFU

who supports these fools

1 most farms didn’t use fertilizer in the 50s

most farms were half and half.

high use one group increased production brought there soil back to almost like it was and the other bunch of organic fools wants us all to go back to shit farming

Comment

The hobby farmers on the NFU hate to see others succeed

Comment

Bly testing 12 today.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            t

who supports these fools
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Nitrogen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	773735

Archived - Fertilizer shipments to Canadian agriculture markets, by nutrient content and fertilizer year
            Frequency: Annual
            Table: 32-10-0274-01 (formerly CANSIM 001-0065)
            Release date: 2013-05-21

Fertilizer shipments to Canadian agriculture markets, by nutrient content and fertilizer year, cumulative data (x 1,000) c 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
            Frequency: Annual
            Table: 32-10-0039-01 (formerly CANSIM 001-0069)
            Release date: 2022-08-19

These are the same table Chuck uses

(Statistics Canada Tables 32-10-0274-01 and 32-10-0039-01)

The other table Chuck quotes is from 1949 to 1977 and 1927 to 1948

Statistics Canada Tables 32-10-0274-01 and 32-10-0039-01; Maurice Korol and Gina Rattray, “Canadian Fertilizer Consumption, Shipments and Trade: 1999/2000” (Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, 2001), http://www5.agr.gc.ca/resources/prod/doc/pol/pub/canfert/pdf/canfert99_00_e.pdf; Statistics Canada and Dominion Bureau of Statistics, “The Fertilizer Trade,” various years from 1926 to 1948, accessed June 29, 2022, https://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/9.853796/publication.html. 59 While acres have shifted to canola and corn from wheat, etc. Canadian wheat production tonnage continues to trend upward, is near a record high, and exceeds tonnage of either canola or corn. See Statistics Canada Table 32-10-0359-01. 60 Nutrien Ltd., “Nutrien Fact Book 2022” (Saskatoon: Nutrien, June 2022), 20,
            __________________________________________________ ________________________________

Maybe he could wander over from Rural Issues and find the data from 1900 to 1927 – to create his dramatic chart

I’m sure it has been peer reviewed and no one caught the fertilize use versus shipments.

In 2006 Nitrogen SHIPMENTS were – 1,539,945 MT – in 2021/22 – they were 2,726,000 MT but see the difference in the graph with 21/22…

His chart reads USE not shipments – it is no wonder he thought there were wheat premiums until 2012.

Name:	summerfallow.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	773736

Look at the fertilizer storage that has been built on the Prairies – both commercial and on farm since 2006 – but that wouldn’t fit their message -

Come on over Chucky… the waters fine.. but the Koolaid is long gone

Comment

[QUOTE=LWeber;547620]Click image for larger version

Name:	Nitrogen.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	773735

Name:	Nit 1.jpg
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	773737

It cut off the right side - go figure

Comment

Maybe one of the “pros” can answer this.

How can an average crop at best fill the pipeline after a disaster last yr? Please enlighten me.
                Prices are collapsing every day, keep hearing the crop is getting bigger. There is problems everywhere you hear, except Canada is about to harvest a record crop. Yes, it’s higher than last yr, but there wasn’t much last yr. Please don’t use the ol “harvest pressure” excuse. That’s a crock of you know what.

These prices are going to put a lot farmers in financial trouble with well below average yields with inputs rising out of control.

It’s going to be a long winter unless things start turning around.

Comment

Thank you Larry for the rest of the story 👍👍

Shame on the NFU for pushing misinformation

Comment

Non Farmers Union

Comment

[QUOTE=BTO780;547622]Maybe one of the “pros” can answer this.

These prices are going to put a lot farmers in financial trouble with well below average yields.

/QUOTE]

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-01 211312.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	773738

Don't shoot the messenger - this is compared to 2020.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-01 211546.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	773739

Not everyone is well below average....

and after 40 years - i still aint a pro...

Comment

[QUOTE=LWeber;547627]
                        Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
                        Maybe one of the “pros” can answer this.

These prices are going to put a lot farmers in financial trouble with well below average yields.

/QUOTE]

[ATTACH]10991[/ATTACH]

Don't shoot the messenger - this is compared to 2020.

[ATTACH]10992[/ATTACH]

Not everyone is well below average....

and after 40 years - i still aint a pro...
                        Thx Larry
                        You are the closest thing we have to a “pro” and one who stands beside us farmers.

It is unfortunate though we are headed for some very scarey times ahead. Droughts and low prices could possibly small things to what’s coming.

Comment

Larry, do you have a stocks to use to carry out ratio for the past 5 yrs including the current yr projections.

Have to surmise the opp cost to store this until spring.

thx

Comment

Hahaa currently sit on one of the grain commissions...not gonna mention which one but im in alberta. Im not overly impressed with what goes on. Just a big shmooze booze cruise ( why would alberta barley need to host their events at the most expensive hotel in alberta?)

I know, not marketing related.
                            But thank you for this as well as participating. I confess I did not possess the skillset and therefore do not.
                            And the Banff Springs is fine for upper level connections, whatever. The benefit of having your convention in Ottawa or DC is to see how it's done, where its done and meet those who do it.
                            Just that no one asks questions about the invisible thread they're spinning for the Emperor's clothes.
                            Perhaps a revision/revisit of the commission's charter. Act the submissive, you are one. And we all lose. (Not you personally, the commissions) We're not someone's teenage girlfriend.
                            Not an expert but NAWG and USWGA have offices in DC. Professional, funded lobby groups. Which, without a real Senate or House we need even more so.
                            And the shiny mags I get in the mail go straight to the garbage. I've been reading that fluff for 40 years.
                            We're all CEOs, act like it.

Comment

How much more nitrogen gets gobbled up in the form of DEF since 2006?

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, I think I found what 100 Canola looks like it's not my field but it's a winner never in my life have I seen a crop this well podded and thick. Even in the field of dreams up north nothing is like this.

Half section, not a 40-acre trial or best swipe. Congrats to a South African for winning this year's Field of Dreams. Redland road north it is worth the drive.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...