• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain price drop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain price drop

With crashing prices soon will be at crop insurance numbers.
    Farmers with mega hail damage will not be left far behind..
    When will it stop?
    Is anyone pricing at current numbers before it goes even lower?
    Anyone who priced a few months ago will be smiling a bit..
    Put targets in for 10 buck malt, 8.75 feed..

Not panicking, the bushels aren't there, prices will rise, maybe not to $28 canola and $10.50 oats but I still think it will be decent. Will use line of credit and wait the vultures out.

Comment

High prices cure high prices.. Saying that I don’t know how much lower prices can go ($4 oats, $6 fd barley, 17.50 cnl). With the costs we producers have into this crop, we are getting closer to the break even mark.

Hopefully the bushels are there to make it a profitable year.

Comment

Viterra oats.$4.33...fd bly 5.66..
        No wonder their plant is empty..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Viterra oats.$4.33...fd bly 5.66..
          No wonder their plant is empty..
          Screw em. Let it sit empty. Think there’ll be lots of oats around. Lots of fields around here. Barley is the one you don’t see much of. That’s my myopic view.

Comment

Might be a tuff year for malt barley, in our area most is lodged terribly and will require a good dose of glyphosate before we go in there with our crop lifters to harvest.
            Last edited by Sodbuster; Aug 16, 2022, 22:14.

Comment

Sawfly is raising hell on wheat fields here.Swathing full bore trying to save whats there.Guys with no swather paying 18/ac for custom work

Comment

Lots of oats near here but just an odd barley or peas.
                The oats will go first with lots contracted at better prices. Just some green tillers showing but mostly looking ripe in some fields.
                Also some green like July.
                More wheat than there has been recently. If it stays hot some might get sprayed next week.
                Canola looks mostly good but green.
                Went south of Tisdale on hiway 35 last week. Saw one place about 10 mi of all Canola on both sides of the road in full flower for as far as you could see.
                Some years in August when the days get shorter and the weather cools that stuff just stops maturing and sits there for weeks.

Comment

Russia claims huge wheat crop, however.......

One thing possible as well, the market is trying to drop crop prices as much as possible to control food prices around the world. " A starving Nation is dangerous" look at Sri Lanka, other nations are watching that gong show.

a lot of manipulation going on in crop markets

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                    Sawfly is raising hell on wheat fields here.Swathing full bore trying to save whats there.Guys with no swather paying 18/ac for custom work
                    What general area?

Comment

northwest of regina.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimeOperator View Post
                        What general area?
                        Wheat heading for the ground here as well. SE Alberta.

Comment

Humid, wet, raining, wind...harvest looks a fight. Bu or quality suffer. Costs higher. Hope for benign weather.

Comment

Last year I straight cut all cereals. This year I’ll swath it all. I really dislike swathing cause it goes without fail that swathes get at least one rain on them. Got all greenfeed baled up and getting ready to swath in a week. Hope white combine stays away. Have one farm I’ve had hail on every year except for two in the last 8 years. Rest of the farm hail not frequent but never say never.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              Humid, wet, raining, wind...harvest looks a fight. Bu or quality suffer. Costs higher. Hope for benign weather.
                              Rain every couple or three days in varying amounts. Hope for a weather pattern change or it’s going to be a battle. Not pricing anything but I never do until it’s in the bin just too many things to go sideways in this pocket of the province.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...