• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain price drop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be piles of empty bins in my RM after harvest. All the local big players buying grain will be sending there trains to you guys with crops to fill them.

Comment

I like it when they ask me what I want for my grain. Then I give them a big number ( that’s not unreasonable). And then they usually laugh- but hey they asked. Got more than the big number I started with last year- so that could happen again but won’t be during harvest happy hour

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
        There will be piles of empty bins in my RM after harvest. All the local big players buying grain will be sending there trains to you guys with crops to fill them.
        Is that representative of Manitoba over all, or just your locality?

I was under the impression that nearly all acres that were way too wet last spring eventually got seeded, late, and with questionable methods, but that a great growing season has erased most of those sins?

Comment

Cant find a new bin here within a hundred miles , and the new ones for next year are mostly presold already, go figure.Lots of grain bags in fields and a few piles on ground showing up.Canola yields are below average tho.

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
            Cant find a new bin here within a hundred miles , and the new ones for next year are mostly presold already, go figure.Lots of grain bags in fields and a few piles on ground showing up.Canola yields are below average tho.
            I know couple guys in SW and western SK who bought bins last fall and built will be looking at the shiny concrete till next yr.
            Durum running 5-10, wheat little less. Couldn’t imagine having canola. One guy said his neighbour did a quarter of mustard didn’t take a truck to the field.
            Hold your grain boys. Don’t believe the parasites excuses for these prices.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
              I know couple guys in SW and western SK who bought bins last fall and built will be looking at the shiny concrete till next yr.
              Durum running 5-10, wheat little less. Couldn’t imagine having canola. One guy said his neighbour did a quarter of mustard didn’t take a truck to the field.
              Hold your grain boys. Don’t believe the parasites excuses for these prices.
              TikTok/Facebook/Twitter/Statscan should be avoided until farmers have the same export sales reporting program as the US.

I have importer subscribers that are sending me screenshots of combine monitors. They aren't sending 5-10 bpa screenshots.

By the time farmers have access to export sales info...its too late. China covered canola requirements out to end December in the last three weeks...Anyone see it mentioned anywhere?

There is less export transparency today than anytime in the past 50 years,
              yet I can find yield monitors pictures everywhere.

Frustrating to say the least.

Comment

All social media has brought out the best of everyone. Brag and complain all in one sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                  TikTok/Facebook/Twitter/Statscan should be avoided until farmers have the same export sales reporting program as the US.

I have importer subscribers that are sending me screenshots of combine monitors. They aren't sending 5-10 bpa screenshots.

By the time farmers have access to export sales info...its too late. China covered canola requirements out to end December in the last three weeks...Anyone see it mentioned anywhere?

I wonder what China paid per mt

Comment

There are pockets of high yield, yes, and there are guys who don’t know how to set combine yield monitors. All I know is what processors tell me about actual yield from their producers. Will the high-yield pockets skew the price? Will they make up for the areas that are barely getting their seed back? I know a guy who presold 2023 crop, now that guy has balls, might work out ok for him, he is in a high-yield pocket this year.

Comment

Oat special $3.75..
                      OMG..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        Oat special $3.75..
                        OMG..
                        That’s a sick joke or picking the low hanging fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post

And the guys showing the combine yields sit on boards , supposedly representing farmers, that were asked 3 years ago for an export sales report while USDA implements their second version, and no one can figure out how to do it in Canada.

Leaves alot of question marks.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                            Oat special $3.75..
                            OMG..
                            Meanwhile inputs continue to skyrocket
                            Fukin joke

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              And the guys showing the combine yields sit on boards , supposedly representing farmers, that were asked 3 years ago for an export sales report while USDA implements their second version, and no one can figure out how to do it in Canada.

Leaves alot of question marks.
                              I was going to ay the same thing! Most are bragging how big the crop is and already in the bin dry and top quality.

Someone asked about what China was paying I thought there was transparency now that was one of the issues that everyone disliked the CWB for.

Comment

Viterra malt train is full.
                                So when was it ordered, the boat is scheduled..
                                Long before current $7.36 they are paying farmers now..
                                Hardly anyone pre priced much after last yr..
                                Their profit per bushel must be mega.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...