• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soft white wheat. What are the markets?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft white wheat. What are the markets?

Just wondering where one would look to market soft white wheat. Not a big deal but about 300 acres seeded for greenfeed but too short to pick up. Caught a good rain the middle of July and looks to make 30-40 bpa so we're going to get it straight cut combined. I've got bins to hold it but would prefer to take it straight to town. Any suggestions on marketing from the pro's? I haven't sold any grain since 1999 but had 27 cwb permit books before that.

whenever I grew it, it either ended up in a cows belly, or went for ethanol.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
      whenever I grew it, it either ended up in a cows belly, or went for ethanol.
      Husky Lloyd

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-15 195301.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	773653

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
        Husky Lloyd

[ATTACH]10884[/ATTACH]
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-15 203840.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	773655

Comment

Originally posted by I haven't sold any grain since 1999 but had [B
          27 cwb permit books[/B] before that.
          Someone musta threatened C2's identity for him to stay away....
          He faded like a ho/oker in a police station.

Comment

Never had a permit book after 1980. Lentils, Canaryseed and Glenlea. Goodbye Commies!

Comment

Apparently Permolex in Red Deer does buy soft white wheat… watch the feed wheat market as poultry does not work with soft white wheat because it can pack in their beaks and cause issues…

Cheers

Comment

Thanks guys. Feed it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
                  Thanks guys. Feed it is.
                  Providence grain buys ( or did) lots of soft white. Used to grow lots and it all went there...
                  They have some locations around AB/SK Great stuff to grow for big yields/ adding straw into the soil!

Comment

Olymel

Comment

Cenovus lloydminster ethanol plant drools for that stuff but last time I grew it got a good milling price on it from Richardson. Guys were hot and heavy on sww here but have mostly switched to cps red or hrs because they can get it to yield as good with less disease pressure and shorter maturity.

Comment

North West terminal in Unity had a good price a week or 2 ago. Limited tonnes offer, likey full but maybe call them.

Comment

Thanks Saw. Normally I buy beef pellets for backgrounding calves but it will be the wheat this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
                            Thanks Saw. Normally I buy beef pellets for backgrounding calves but it will be the wheat this year.
                            You feeding with silage and have other grain in diet or dry feed and feeding grain separate? Fed enough wheat oats barley blend to calves but wheat was maybe 25% of blend. Too much wheat and not enough fibre scares me. Dough belly comes to mind.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...