• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hail / heavy rains

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    The wind was at least forty miles wide, maybe sixty from what I can tell. Worlds widest plow wind?

Other thing about lodging. If there wasn’t much rain with the wind, it didn’t flatten crops bad at all. Here it was not raining much with the wind, the rain came at the tail end of the wind. If the hay swaths would have been wet, they would not have blow to smithereens like they did.
    The big plow winds in the mid west US last year were very wide, 100 plus miles
    But still that’s a big hit to a big area
    Tough time of year for that to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      Now the traders know all the bins are empty

Comment

Originally posted by Ab7 View Post
        Now the traders know all the bins are empty
        3 aren't.. all solidly bolted to concrete...

still SFA to the natural forces of the atmosphere/Climate!

We are insignificant and will NEVER EVER change that with TAXES!
        Last edited by fjlip; Aug 14, 2022, 18:39.

Comment

We are half hour north of Saskatoon on highway 12. My brothers yard got close to three inches yesterday with some hail. My yard 4 miles south got close to an inch.

Comment

The radar looked vicious for Regina area last night. Luckily no tornado, rain between 2/10 and 1/2 inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              Green crops lodged. Less green crops stayed up pretty fair.

Went out to check my cut hay. It’s not in swaths it is rolled up in twisted masses around the field. Scattered who knows where. So that will be fun. Goodbye fifty or so bales worth I guess. Glad I have an ancient, slow cutting haybine, so that I only had maybe 15 acres cut on that field. Lol

Get this. Seven bales rolled off the field into a slough. Eight bales were tipped on their side. Six by five bales. Some were rolled 200 yards. Only one got to the water where it is in the cattails ready for next years duck nesting I guess.

Now imagine being in that field at dusk having bales roll by you.
              We lost a dozen sheep some years ago who were sheltering behind round bales which blew over

Comment

Francis got hit hard last night. Some hail said to be baseball size demolished several thousand acre fields, buildings severely damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                  We lost a dozen sheep some years ago who were sheltering behind round bales which blew over
                  Always my first thought after a bad hail storm is how the animals were impacted.

When I was about 13 years old we were haying with nothing but bale stooks to hide behind. I ended up with several bruises on my back from loonie sized hail. Can't imagine being out in a storm with bigger hail.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...