• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green crops lodged. Less green crops stayed up pretty fair.

Went out to check my cut hay. It’s not in swaths it is rolled up in twisted masses around the field. Scattered who knows where. So that will be fun.

Get this. Seven bales rolled off the field into a slough. Eight bales were tipped on their side. Six by five bales. Some were rolled 200 yards. Only one got to the water where it is in the cattails ready for next years duck nesting I guess.

Now imagine being in that field at dusk having bales roll by you.

Comment

flax getting hammered now along with barley and canary

flax

canola north of balcarres

they are happy

Barley

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
        Green crops lodged. Less green crops stayed up pretty fair.

Went out to check my cut hay. It’s not in swaths it is rolled up in twisted masses around the field. Scattered who knows where. So that will be fun.

Get this. Seven bales rolled off the field into a slough. Eight bales were tipped on their side. Six by five bales. Some were rolled 200 yards. Only one got to the water where it is in the cattails ready for next years duck nesting I guess.

Now imagine being in that field at dusk having bales roll by you.
        Can you imagine the wind force to tip a round bale over, spooky.

Comment

Taiga, I believe it was you who said you had large areas of drown out earlier this spring. The precipitation maps don't look too bad for your area now, did things recover at all?
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Aug 14, 2022, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Taiga, I believe it was you who said you had large areas of drown out earlier this spring. The precipitation maps don't look too bad for your area now, did things recover at all?
            Drowned out areas never grew grain, just green weeds that have grown since the June spray, not planning on doing anything until post harvest. Hay yield was still below normal even though we had all the rain, because the cold spring/early summer. Oddly enough it has not rained much since mid July, which is fine with me.

Comment

saskfarmer, that Flax looks brutal. Will need patience to harvest that.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                saskfarmer, that Flax looks brutal. Will need patience to harvest that.
                I had a heavy crop of flax years ago,like that. The crop stood up again after it had a chance to dry out. Some varieties are worse than others and hopefully this field will recover.

Comment

I don’t remember flax not standing back up, that stem is like a spring.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...