• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organic weeds! post local pics please

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
    Supply the peer reviewed studies, citations etc or stick your head back up your ãss asstar
    You first
    . All your claims are hypothetical and not based on sound scientific methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
      https://doctordavidfriedman.com/blog/glyphosate-the-cause-of-gluten-intolerance
      Wife's GM born in 1917
      Wife's mom morn in 1936 had gluten issues long before round up was invented..
      Just never was realized until later in life.
      Such reaction to wht flour even if it touched their skin ..
      So don't believe it causes the health issue.

Comment

Austra the weed guy needs a snickers bar.

Comment

Best is quit replying to that overdone thread
          Must have a reminder on phone to reply
          Will get tired of being the only poster on his own thread
          Last edited by Guest; Aug 7, 2022, 17:25.

Comment

Some kind of organic mess

No idea what was seeded but majority wild oats and thistle

And right across the road …

Comment

Is this 100 % weed free profitable RR canola field

One is sustainable and one is completely polluting the land for many years to come with a complete unsustainable farming practice

Many other examples in the area

Comment

Are there good sustainable organic fields , yes most likely but for those of us who actually farm in western Canada, we can tell you they are extremely rare . Good on those who are successful at good clean organic farming , you are a very rare group

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Are there good sustainable organic fields , yes most likely but for those of us who actually farm in western Canada, we can tell you they are extremely rare . Good on those who are successful at good clean organic farming , you are a very rare group
                  No such a field anywhere I have seen the weed patches. Spreading weed seeds is a crime I thought? Sue them

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    I know a few good organic farmers that don't farm close to me. A couple of them are good friends and we have pretty good conversations with none of the crap spewed like the guy on here. They have to live in the community and making enemies of the neighbors isn't very bright. There is lots to learn from the better organic guys. The organic guys are catering to a different marketplace than the conventional guys are. The biggest takeaway for me is of the relationship building that goes on as there is a lot of pretty shady outfits in the organic business that just don't have the resources to pay on time, etc. Alfalfa acres are a huge part of the better organic guys that add organic matter, provide weed control and add some nitrogen back to the soil. In my area new deep tillage cultivators haven't been sold in a lot of years and the organic guys are very hard pressed to buy new iron. They are extremely careful what they spend on iron as their margins are pretty tight. The close guys really struggle. It's pretty obvious that for most of the organic farms out there in Sask that there will not be another generation taking over as they have left the farm for greener pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
                      I know a few good organic farmers that don't farm close to me. A couple of them are good friends and we have pretty good conversations with none of the crap spewed like the guy on here. They have to live in the community and making enemies of the neighbors isn't very bright. There is lots to learn from the better organic guys. The organic guys are catering to a different marketplace than the conventional guys are. The biggest takeaway for me is of the relationship building that goes on as there is a lot of pretty shady outfits in the organic business that just don't have the resources to pay on time, etc. Alfalfa acres are a huge part of the better organic guys that add organic matter, provide weed control and add some nitrogen back to the soil. In my area new deep tillage cultivators haven't been sold in a lot of years and the organic guys are very hard pressed to buy new iron. They are extremely careful what they spend on iron as their margins are pretty tight. The close guys really struggle. It's pretty obvious that for most of the organic farms out there in Sask that there will not be another generation taking over as they have left the farm for greener pastures.
                      Very well said 👍👍

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...