• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you sign a forensic audit?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you sign a forensic audit?

First do you have to a ask "a What"?

And since at least one councilor claims he doesn't have the adopted minutes...maybe electors can also be forgiven for also having no clue that council decisions are even being made.

Computers have made audits very difficult. I once was reconciling figures in a forensic audit done by a top accounting firm-total joke, they included $3,000,000 of income on expense side. These were presented to the court. Wonder how the bank accounts would reconcile, eh? garbage in - garbage out!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      Computers have made audits very difficult. I once was reconciling figures in a forensic audit done by a top accounting firm-total joke, they included $3,000,000 of income on expense side. These were presented to the court. Wonder how the bank accounts would reconcile, eh? garbage in - garbage out!
      The adopted minutes and attached list of financial disbursements are not accessible to potential electors/tax payers/ ratepayers affected such as myself. I have no clue if the RM solicitor's directive letter (instructing that all such contact with the RM is to be done through the lawyer's office at my cost) is based on an adopted set of minute resolutions.
      BUT there is no Ombudsman; no provincial ministry; no privacy commissioner; no councillor; no internet site; and no person with access to those public records willing to share those adopted minutes.
      Maybe those minutes don't exist; maybe there is a stack awaiting someone to formally sign them; maybe there are things going on that should not spread to your jurisdiction.....

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
        The adopted minutes and attached list of financial disbursements are not accessible to potential electors/tax payers/ ratepayers affected such as myself. I have no clue if the RM solicitor's directive letter (instructing that all such contact with the RM is to be done through the lawyer's office at my cost) is based on an adopted set of minute resolutions.
        BUT there is no Ombudsman; no provincial ministry; no privacy commissioner; no councillor; no internet site; and no person with access to those public records willing to share those adopted minutes.
        Maybe those minutes don't exist; maybe there is a stack awaiting someone to formally sign them; maybe there are things going on that should not spread to your jurisdiction.....
        I know of more than one RM council which is nothing more than a local gang serving each other's interests. They give the majority of RM councils a bad name unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut View Post
          I know of more than one RM council which is nothing more than a local gang serving each other's interests. They give the majority of RM councils a bad name unfortunately.
          I went through exactly that for the 10 years I was on my local RM council. The Reeve we had at the time was the major problem. A 30 year fat, ignorant, knows everything, control freak . Also had 3-4 councilors in his back pocket and gave our grader operator anything he wanted. We thankfully have a new reeve now and he's trying hard to get things back under control. Its coming around , albeit slowly.

Time for some of these postage stamp sized RMs to be amalgamated.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...