• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    No X9S for you and you and me.

Build arrival date now end of October they were end of June up till yesterday.
    OOPS! now what? Local boys ordered 7, trades are saying SOLD on Pattison?

Comment

Ours are all in the yard but all three are sold plus those trades. Our three headers are on way to dealership so we ordered adaptors for our old 790S for this year now. So the three headers that I'm trading in are also sold and that guy will get soon.

I really don't care if the combines arrive or don't I'm not changing once we start harvesting.

Comment

CTV News Wed. evening talked about the flood disaster zone at Kronau so a quick trip was required. The water was run-off generated last week south of Sedley and Francis(5-6 inches) coming down the Wascana. It would have prolly drained to Regina except the source at the scene said Regina had it blocked and the damn was not opened until Wascana had overflowed its banks and hundreds of acres along the ditch were and still are flooded. The Wascana Authority has responsibility of monitoring and controlling the drainage through the Wascana network so how didn’t they anticipate this deluge of water coming down the chain? How many farmers can withstand hundreds of acres lost?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Ours are all in the yard but all three are sold plus those trades. Our three headers are on way to dealership so we ordered adaptors for our old 790S for this year now. So the three headers that I'm trading in are also sold and that guy will get soon.

I really don't care if the combines arrive or don't I'm not changing once we start harvesting.
          Yup drive ur old combines all fall. Nothing like starting fresh next year with full warranty and doesn’t cost a dime to do it…..

Comment

Down to 4.5 last night..
            How many frost free days do we need yet?? Weird yr...

Comment

Canola flowering , wheat heading out , peas starting to flower as well .
              Not overly wet here , slightly on dry side but with adequate moisture….. for now .
              Soil moisture at about 1/4 tank and this crop using the max right now . No big rains for over two weeks but enough to keep crop growth going
              Will absolutely need more rains to keep this crop going . If we hit a hot dry spell of 10-14 days this crop will hit a wall . But it remains very cool it will be ok . It’s a good 5 c below what’s needed , much the same in all of western Canada.
              Still areas very dry and no rain will help now , then also a massive area all across the north that’s drowned out and the crop is 80 % done already
              Pivotal year for many farms and who knows where this will all end up after the most expensive crop costs in history is hanging in the balance
              At least most ag companies like Nutrien benefited tremendously from all the farmers hard work , they will be patting themselves on their back in the boardrooms all year . Great job , hopefully they can sleep at night
              Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 1, 2022, 10:05.

Comment

Fuel shortage rumours for harvest. Price going down daily but a fuel shortage looming. Makes sense…

My question is, does Alberta and SK have enough refinery capacity to keep their provinces going or do we rely alot on the naybor to the south for refined fuel? More curiosity than anything. Notice I didn’t ask about BC or Ontario…..

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  CTV News Wed. evening talked about the flood disaster zone at Kronau so a quick trip was required. The water was run-off generated last week south of Sedley and Francis(5-6 inches) coming down the Wascana. It would have prolly drained to Regina except the source at the scene said Regina had it blocked and the damn was not opened until Wascana had overflowed its banks and hundreds of acres along the ditch were and still are flooded. The Wascana Authority has responsibility of monitoring and controlling the drainage through the Wascana network so how didn’t they anticipate this deluge of water coming down the chain? How many farmers can withstand hundreds of acres lost?
                  If they want to see Flood damage they should go from west of Meadow Lake to PA

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                    Fuel shortage rumours for harvest. Price going down daily but a fuel shortage looming. Makes sense…

My question is, does Alberta and SK have enough refinery capacity to keep their provinces going or do we rely alot on the naybor to the south for refined fuel? More curiosity than anything. Notice I didn’t ask about BC or Ontario…..
                    Read earlier that we import very little Russian oil but significant premium grade gasoline,low sulfer Diesel,and JP.

I don't travel that way much but used to see US tankers hauling south from Regina?
                    Last edited by shtferbrains; Jul 1, 2022, 11:18.

Comment

We had some nice rains through the month of June, About 5.5 inches total.
                      Wheat and early seeded barley starting to head. 8-9 out of 10.
                      Canola, best crops are bolting and look good, some look very patchy, anywhere from a 3 out of 10 to a 8 out of 10.
                      Peas look good but I haven’t seen any flowering yet.
                      The cows are enjoying the cooler moist weather. No hay cut in this area yet. Early dry and cool weather definitely hurt older stands.

Comment

July 2 nd , plus 3.5 at Nipawin

Comment

Cool one for sure.

Still trying to finish liberty centurion down to two sections then gave up today and went back to the lake. Wind up and spit.

Comment

Lots of drills doing greenfeed now even grain guys trying to recover there fert costs. Will do some sorghum and oats combo today and hope for some heat for next 60 days. Crop ins. says 30% hail on worst canola yesterday and it looks nothing like the nice crops you guys are showing. Can't quad from one farm to the other without jacket or you freeze to death July heat wave ???? Local fuel guys had trucks running all weekend that's how busy things are still.

Comment

SF, how do you get HD pictures? Mine from iPhone are poor def? How many kb are yours?

Comment

Spraying the last of the barley today. Camping/haying season begins!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...