• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moddus on barley

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moddus on barley

With recent rain and hotter temperatures coming next week, wondering if the barley is going to grow so fast that it will lodge.

For those who have used Moddus, what are your thoughts?

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
    With recent rain and hotter temperatures coming next week, wondering if the barley is going to grow so fast that it will lodge.

Was a disaster last year. We had similar conditions last year, maybe a bit less rain. But it never rained after we sprayed it and the barley ended up being 12 inches tall and the head never came out of the boot. Where I left check strips it was double the height and the head came out of the boot nice. Maybe a 5-10 bushel penalty for using it. But every year is different and this may be the year it works fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
      Was a disaster last year. We had similar conditions last year, maybe a bit less rain. But it never rained after we sprayed it and the barley ended up being 12 inches tall and the head never came out of the boot. Where I left check strips it was double the height and the head came out of the boot nice. Maybe a 5-10 bushel penalty for using it. But every year is different and this may be the year it works fantastic.
      +1 to Joeys reply. Was a disaster. Never rained much and was a huge yield penalty. Worse yet no acknowledgment from the company.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
        +1 to Joeys reply. Was a disaster. Never rained much and was a huge yield penalty. Worse yet no acknowledgment from the company.
        Manipulator claims a yield bump, modus does not.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          Manipulator claims a yield bump, modus does not.
          We use it on our wheat. Has worked fine

Comment

Conditions after matter , huge
            When you can find a retailer with a super accurate 14-30 day forecast, let us know

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
              I have been burnt way more than benefited over the years chasing unicorns 🦄
              It may work out well , but 90% of the time you may as well throw you money in the fire pit while they go on trips for selling you that stuff.

Comment

This is the major factor right now ..

Thank you Larry for your many years of service
                BTW , caught good walleye just in front of Cochin beach , 6 ft water just inside weed bed
                Started 7:30 pm

Larry , about 30 yards west of buoys
                Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 22, 2022, 07:06.

Comment

Kids loved them

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post

Used it last year and cost me about 18% yield lose. Had to fight with the company till march to get a little back. Whatever you do leave a test strip. If it doesn’t work, Syngenta will blame too much water (low spots), too little rain, too much heat even three weeks after applied. IMO barley is too fragile of a plant. We have had better luck with manipulator in wht.

Comment

Wish these PGR’s could be applied later. My yields are so variable that lodging is only an issue 4 out of 10 years and that is only on the lower spots in my hilly land.

Often the weather for good growth (rain and sun) doesn’t show up till the flag leaf is out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...