• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and improved Farm Progress show in Regina.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the one good thing about ag days Brandon is not much spraying done when 30 below. And lots of new diesels running outside to look at when going in to see all the stuff. Hope they can make it work next January local welding shop guy put a lot of work into making stuff for show that didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      The show is now more like a trade show with min equipment etc. They had it all back in the day it was like a farmer's version of an exhibition. But then Regina also ****ed up the Exhibition with pemican Pete when they sent him packing and his buffalo.

I went, a lot from home also went because it rained. Next year maybe one day because we live close but not three.

Some of these CEOs who run these venues have No clue.
      I really enjoyed the show, I think it great being inside. With the rain, it meant seeing a lot of friends, the main reason to attend these shows. I will support it, so close to home would hate to see it gone.
      On a side note, REAL has put a refreshment stand in many of the buildings. So you don't have to walk to one main loud spot with a loud band playing to have a chat with a friend. But you can't take the refreshments from one building to another. (Sask Liquor laws)
      Have to admit I was skeptical of the change to indoors, but I give it a 10/10

Comment

I've been twice in 57 years.
        Same people who plan that likely write for the Seducer.

Comment

Dealing with various exhibition and fair societies throughout the western provinces I found Regina and Saskatoon to have an inability to help themselves and accommodate nor attract events with much zeal. You’d think for being the supposed two biggest venues in the province they’d have it all by the tail but not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Dealing with various exhibition and fair societies throughout the western provinces I found Regina and Saskatoon to have an inability to help themselves and accommodate nor attract events with much zeal. You’d think for being the supposed two biggest venues in the province they’d have it all by the tail but not so much.
            Saskatoon an Regina are too small and too remote to do it like big cities. They need to spend more time stacking events together.

Concerts or rider games during events. Mosaic stadium sits empty, why not a country concert during farm show. Or put it the week right before Canada day. Spraying usually done by then.

Comment

It was nice to get to the farm show but it pales in comparation to the farm progress show of old. Ran in to old friends after a couple years. Having no outside displays is a mistake. June isn't the time for lots of speakers. Don't need bull riding. Lots of empty space inside tells me that a lot of exhibitors are saying no thanks. Unfortunately this show has been on a downward spiral for a few years. A lot of pretty major manufacturers missing. For this type of setup they would be better moving it to late late fall or winter sometime. As it is being said I guess getting equipment into the fair ground isn't cheap and the city/ Real makes it tougher. If they don't move to a different spot where the traditional type of farm show can thrive , I kinda expect that this show wont last much longer, unless the exhibitors do very well and see the value. For me its sad as I have lots of great memories from the past shows. After seeding it was always nice to get of the farm for a day . I am looking forward to Ag in motion next month

Comment

Stuck in middle of Regina so that farmers SPEND some $$$ there, dumbest location for ever. They are unable to understand it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...