• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Power and usage Meters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Power and usage Meters

I have a few questions maybe you can answer

1. Sask Power replaced the old power meter on the farm with a new meter to be read by farmers according to their guidelines.

Did you sign a permission slip to replace the old meter with the new meter?

2. From what I have read , the new meters are often powered by radio transmitters, and that maybe requires them to be licensed?

3. Is Sask Power accumulating data? Your usage? Your specific usage in various buildings? What you power up in each of your buildings. What time you get up reflects a rise in power usage. The number of hours you work in a day is calculable If you clean grain. Mining your information is a huge payload for someone. Number of people living in your house. The number of computers you have. How much wifi you power up. Which buildings you don’t have insulated. How many baths you run from your water heater daily. Weekly. Monthly. Yearly. Data is gold.

In other words, your very personal information. Identifies your lifestyle. Your choices. And I will assume Sask Power sells that info much like John Deere sells your tractor information. Often to your disadvantage. Is it time to take back the ownership of our own farming information? Have you been paid for your data? Or have you ever received a cheque?

Askin for the private people. pars.

Or do you care? Pars.
    Last edited by parsley; Jun 19, 2022, 12:13.

Ur worried about saskpower, how about ur phone….

Comment

I've always wondered why nobody checks meters for accuracy? Weights and measures check all commercial scales and retail gas pumps etc but water, power, gas are a free for all.
      I have no idea if they are accurate or not or how much I actually use.

Must be nice to charge what you want for however much you decide customer uses. To think about it who tells the Gov't how much oil is pumped to pay royalties on? Who reads those meters?

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
        Phones are a disaster. I have three iPhones. Just replacing the old one. And I find I’m clearing data constantly. It’s going to get worse. Any suggestions?

Comment

Last week I was talking about getting a 2 inch riser for the handlebar on my motorcycle and the next morning up pops advertising for 2 inch risers, I have never searched risers in my life.

We are definitely spied on!

Comment

All companies and organizations are trying to collect as much data as they possibly can in the hopes that they will be able to sell the data at some point to somebody. Last summer the government bought data from telus and I am sure other carriers as well in order to spy on people and identify potential political opponents under the guise of covid. A new source of revenue in order to top of the pension fund. So the government is a likely large source of potential data sales. I am sure that government is interested in potential power usage data in order to find ways to tax it more thoroughly and eventually deprive citizens of it.

Comment

https://stopsmartmeters.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/14387_SSM_brochure_2016-low.pdf

Comment

very interesting , indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                  Are we starting to regret giving up blackberries for phones that have no security?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...