• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expect significant increases in US wholesale electricity prices this summer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expect significant increases in US wholesale electricity prices this summer

The US Energy Information Administration (EIA) forecasts that prices in US wholesale electricity markets this summer will significantly increase over last summer’s prices. The EIA’s Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO) forecasts that electricity prices in the Northeast regions (ISO New England, New York ISO, and PJM markets) will exceed $100 per...

EIA expects significant increases in US wholesale electricity prices this summer
    17 June 2022

The US Energy Information Administration (EIA) forecasts that prices in US wholesale electricity markets this summer will significantly increase over last summer’s prices. The EIA’s Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO) forecasts that electricity prices in the Northeast regions (ISO New England, New York ISO, and PJM markets) will exceed $100 per megawatthour (MWh) between June and August 2022, up from an average of about $50/MWh last summer. EIA forecasts summer electricity prices will average $98/MWh in California’s CAISO market and $90/MWh in the ERCOT market in Texas.

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    https://www.greencarcongress.com/202...20617-eia.html

EIA expects significant increases in US wholesale electricity prices this summer
    17 June 2022

The US Energy Information Administration (EIA) forecasts that prices in US wholesale electricity markets this summer will significantly increase over last summer’s prices. The EIA’s Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO) forecasts that electricity prices in the Northeast regions (ISO New England, New York ISO, and PJM markets) will exceed $100 per megawatthour (MWh) between June and August 2022, up from an average of about $50/MWh last summer. EIA forecasts summer electricity prices will average $98/MWh in California’s CAISO market and $90/MWh in the ERCOT market in Texas.

Comment

Anyone who thinks the Fed, ECB, BOE, or Bank of Canada raising interest rates will lower inflation... is not looking rationally at what has happened... the energy sector is in crisis... and Putin will milk us till we are blue in the face... as will China.

I expect our Canadian electrical prices will double... just like the US.

Comment

Anyone who thinks the Fed, ECB, BOE, or Bank of Canada raising interest rates will lower inflation... is not looking rationally at what has happened... the energy sector is in crisis... and Putin will milk us till we are blue in the face... as will China.

I expect our Canadian electrical prices will double... just like the US.
        Simple reality of supply and demand. Governments are forcing an increase of demand without properly managing an increase of supply. If your demand increases faster than your supply up goes the price. As well governments are trying to force the elimination of cheaper power generation fuels like coal. It is inevitable that electricity prices will go higher!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Simple reality of supply and demand. Governments are forcing an increase of demand without properly managing an increase of supply. If your demand increases faster than your supply up goes the price. As well governments are trying to force the elimination of cheaper power generation fuels like coal. It is inevitable that electricity prices will go higher!
          My nephew works out at a coal mine by Edson... there is a shortage of coal at the power plants... shipping is is 'way behind'... saying something about $400/t because everything is backed up... mine shipping logistics totally messed up... as everyone was winding down coal fired electrical generation so coal shipments were cancelled at the coal mines 6-12 months ago... What a crisis we are going into. Now coal cost is as much as the Natural Gas increased costs.

The New Green Deal is a unmitigated disaster ... the root of the massive inflation we have.
          Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jun 18, 2022, 08:45.

Comment

My nephew works out at a coal mine by Edson... there is a shortage of coal at the power plants... shipping is is 'way behind'... saying something about $400/t because everything is backed up... mine shipping logistics totally messed up... as everyone was winding down coal fired electrical generation so coal shipments were cancelled at the coal mines 6-12 months ago... What a crisis we are going into. Now coal cost is as much as the Natural Gas increased costs.

The New Green Deal is a unmitigated disaster ... the root of the massive inflation we have.
            I get that people don't like the green new deal but I think this is the real cause of massive inflation....

80% of all US dollars in existence were printed in the last 22 months (from $4 trillion in January 2020 to $20 trillion in October 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
              I get that people don't like the green new deal but I think this is the real cause of massive inflation....

80% of all US dollars in existence were printed in the last 22 months (from $4 trillion in January 2020 to $20 trillion in October 2021.
              Agree and it’s green policy that’s pushing everything off the cliff

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...