• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta love spraying season

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love spraying season

Plants are soaked , so have to wait. By 6 am the wind is expected to get to 30-50 for basically 48 hrs ..
    ah this farmin so easy

It's either windy or raining or a forecast for rain..

Comment

Or crop stage or too cold or too HOT (over 28) or drift to neighbor....what take hours = weeks!

Comment

What? Guys stop for wind?
        Not many around here even notice the wind let alone stop!

Comment

Sorry, not with you. Can't stand spray season. Although I'm very happy with the burnoff this year. Weeds should be manageable by the time I get to them.

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
            Sorry, not with you. Can't stand spray season. Although I'm very happy with the burnoff this year. Weeds should be manageable by the time I get to them.
            Yea, roger that. Aside from the peas (Russian thistle problem) turnoff worked VERY well here.

Have to go scouting later today, but I'd assume a new flush has come with the recent rain.

Generally I'd be done in-crop by about now, but being 2 weeks or so behind has so far been somewhat advantageous.

Comment

Here is what happened today. Sprayed the first tank on the half section it stayed at about 14 to 16 km wind I have a station on this field. So headed home filled up and went to do another half that has canola to the south and flax to the east. The wind is out of the SE and then three sections of wheat to the west. The wind got up to 21 but kept going now I have 4 swipes on a half that's mine and enough chem to finish what I had left from the other day. Start and wind go nuts so here are my predicament do you come back for 4 swipes or finish in the wind and call it a day.

Slowed down and lowered to 28 in above ground and decreased pressure.

I finished but **** it was windy at the end. I hate wind. PERIOD.

My fields to East and West. and already sprayed the other day.

Comment

Was thinking of spraying as fields are just drying out. Fired up sprayer low voltage , new alternator Ace electric. NO SPRAYING TODAY. Windy next 4 days. Spraying is fun when stars align.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...