• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well, what a powerful storm that spun around, and basically we were stuck in the middle and got piss all out of it. Are we dry Hell No but I like a nice rain after seeding to help with any screw-up and get the crop growing real fast. 1/10 doesn't do that. So far for the year, we are at 4.5 inches with 4.25 coming in may and only .25 for the month of June. June is our wettest month so roots in our area will be going down if this continues. But subsoil is up to the top with the 5 inches we had last fall.

Now a flash flood is nice to see and maybe the pattern will change but most of it just runs off or fills sloughs. I have been getting calls that the rain event was hit and miss not a general soaking if I'm wrong let me know. Some guys were really disappointed. Some are giddy like a school girl. Either way, rain is rain and too much is mud is a Dud and drought just sucks.

Ok observations that maybe others are seeing. Wheat is coming up nice and early seeded looks really good. Late seeded canola is up after 6 to 7 days and looks better than early seeded. Lots of pea and lentils went in as fertilizer prices and drought last year left very few other choices.

I will be the first to go out on a limb and say I don't think the market will be too happy to hear this but there are a lot fewer acres of Canola seeded than they think. Every day I am spraying and checking out neighboring fields I have to watch for peas and lentils and late Barley. Other years it was there a wheat field and oh Canola or Canola on Canola. Not this year as you drive around. Seed returns are high may be due to the lateness of seeding in the east and dry conditions in the west. Go check out warehouses lots is back. Nah what would I know I'm just a farmer.

Ok here is the crop Report.

Seeding is at 94% and probably will be done most will pack it in since seeding deadline days are approaching. This crop is late it was seeded into either dust or Mud both conditions will have crops coming in at the same time late.

Guys in our area are spraying peas, lentils, early seeded barley, and spring wheat. Canola is still clean with most burnoffs working since it was Early June not Early may. Spraying early seeded Canola for Flea Beetles is also happening. These new seed treatments suck.

Windy next two days will stop all spraying.

Next week is Farm progress version three and ill go one day just to see but they were one of the best shows in Western Canada till the City of Regina ****ed things up with stupid rules and stupid costs to get equipment into the grounds at 4 to 6 am. Not a lot of traffic but they charged.

So again those who got a decent rain way to go if you were dry as a fart way to really go it was needed. Those on the edge keep looking to the sky and those in our area we missed most so get seeding completed.

Stay safe and have a great Father's day guys.

Comment

Latest seeded canola

Has the fall of skippy started I’m hearing from liberals they wish he would just quit already it’s time.

Comment

Rainfall totals all over the place around here
        Anywhere from 1/2 in east of here to over 6 south and west . Some areas between NB , Stoon and Blain Lake got the least amount.
        Weed control will be priority now , some have not started much , some 70.% done but all will be a challenge now to finish by the forecast

Comment

We at 6.1 inches for may/ June.
          Crops are about 1 week behind last yr for us.
          Many blk fields from the road and tiny cereal fields.
          Need heat cut in soon..

Comment

You have some nice looking crops coming I think we will be one of those farms taking seed back to a wearhouse that never got empty to begin with in this area anyways. Another 1/4 inch again last night but looks dryer for a few days.

Comment

More stupid stuff from Ottawa they want to put warning labels on ground beef.

Liberals are nuts.

F u c k i n g. Nuts

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                More stupid stuff from Ottawa they want to put warning labels on ground beef.

Liberals are nuts.

F u c k i n g. Nuts
                They are lashing out as their ship sinks

Comment

We had an inch and one tenth for rain this week. Like an answer to a prayer, and I will have some hay to cut. Crops are looking really nice now and hoping to finish spraying my durum by the weekend , if the wind stays away. Terrible wind yesterday , but rain came with it so it's not all bad. Peas and barley were seeded last here on my outfit , but they will grow like gangbusters now. Cows are liking all that "green stuff" that seems to be growing out there in the pasture. Busy working on haying equipment right now , and really like the 50 % increase in some or most of all the parts I am picking up at my local Case IH dealership. John Deere no different .

Not inflation , or a supply chain issue , it's called Gouging , plain and simple. Bought some gang bearings for my MF 360 discer at seeding time and they were $87 / each ! , two years ago they were $ 40, if I remember right. In my math that's 54%

Sorry for the rant , and yes these things are from the dark ages , but in sandy land they work. Just getting tired of all the blatant anal **** we as farmers / ranchers are getting from everybody out there who are "helping" us get a crop in the ground and getting it in the bin. Fuel prices , it's all because of Russia/ Ukraine ? I don't F **cking think so ! What a bunch of BS , and here we sit in this country with our finger up our proverbial ass because we can't seem to get it right .

Every damn problem we have in this country can be laid at the feet of the current Woke Joke we have in Ottawa , and by the way Chuck 2 , don't argue with me on this one , because anybody with half a brain would realize that Canada is getting flushed down the crapper , and Justin and his band of assholes are to blame !

Period.

Comment

Our crops are doing well in east cental alberta got 2 to 3 inches of rain that was most welcome some localized flooding. Spraying almost done some canola left to do.

Comment

Wind still under 18 km so it’s still a go.

Comment

Lots of canola planted last this year due to the cold temps and threat of frost.(particularly, the canola rotation is usually planted into wheat stubble, and the heavier the trash, the more frost damage.

Comment

Wind has arrived.
                          Go rock picking I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                            Lots of canola planted last this year due to the cold temps and threat of frost.(particularly, the canola rotation is usually planted into wheat stubble, and the heavier the trash, the more frost damage.
                            Things sure change around. 15+ years ago experts recommended canola be put in early to avoid July heat blast. I tried it and it was no heck the couple years I done it. Usually wheat then canola and other cereals after. This year all cereals then canola. Would’ve put feed in before too but thought that was pushing it. Can tell early seeded canola around has more bug activity than later stuff.

Comment

One neighbour seeded all canola at end has the nicest catch going hands down. Earliest seeded is all over the map.

Tried to spit all afternoon. Wind up lots

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...