• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make of Break weather system on way.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2in here and hardly a puddle. Had 1/2 in on Friday night.
    Not even muddy around the water bowls.

See some grass starting to head. Probably have 8 weeks of grass there now and S/B some good regrowth with warmer weather coming.

Garden of Eden if we didn't have flies and mosquitoes.
    Last edited by shtferbrains; Jun 15, 2022, 11:02.

Comment

Another 1” this morning, still raining. Over 3” now. It’s wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        I am curious did those who needed rain the most get any moisture?
        At the yard...
        Monday: 0.87
        Today so far: 0.98

Looks like we get a stay of execution. Plenty of damage is already done, but at least I can rest reasonably assured that I'll have to hook the headers onto the combines sometime in August.

Next to no puddles even on hard packed ground in the yard.

Large discrepencies within a couple miles however. There are some guys that are probably looking at 5-6 tenths out of this, and others that will be pushing 3".

Comment

disheartening to hear your totals over here even tho I'm happy for the guys that got it. My rain dance must be terrible stacked up to you guys

Did my part by loading up wheat and leaving the tarp open on the tandem, 11-52 Bin got the top popped and tied down to leave open to the elements, went and sprayed 4 hr rain fast chem when I seen a dark cloud and hell even washed the truck to make it sparkle.... after all that still couldn't get a drop. What did I miss doing??

Down the road less than 10 miles they got 2" in 10 min... trying to be optimistic but 2021 is still all too fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by helmach View Post
            disheartening to hear your totals over here even tho I'm happy for the guys that got it. My rain dance must be terrible stacked up to you guys

Did my part by loading up wheat and leaving the tarp open on the tandem, 11-52 Bin got the top popped and tied down to leave open to the elements, went and sprayed 4 hr rain fast chem when I seen a dark cloud and hell even washed the truck to make it sparkle.... after all that still couldn't get a drop. What did I miss doing??

Down the road less than 10 miles they got 2" in 10 min... trying to be optimistic but 2021 is still all too fresh.
            did you forget to seed the potholes?
            hope you get some soon
            we haven't experienced that much but did last summer
            its a helpless feeling

Comment

did you forget to seed the potholes?
              hope you get some soon
              we haven't experienced that much but did last summer
              its a helpless feeling

Comment

general location?

Here's to hoping you can hang in till the next round!

Comment

My kid got his first taste of his own farming. Neighbor has a couple spots too wet for his equipment but good enough for a spin spreader. He spread with his quad spreader and tractor spreader, and harrowed it in. Phoned me yesterday from the school bus “dad my field is underwater”. Think the other field might be okay but this one I fear is probably a write off.

Comment

You make the poor kid ride the bus?
                    That must be kind of embarrassing.
                    Bet there is lots of room!

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                      You make the poor kid ride the bus?
                      That must be kind of embarrassing.
                      Bet there is lots of room!
                      He’s only 10. It builds character. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                        general location?

Here's to hoping you can hang in till the next round!
                        Farrerdale SK... watrous keeps getting inches and I keep getting parted like the red sea.

One day soon, not losing hope yet... we get what we will apon ourselves!!

Comment

This winter spring into summer has been 1 for the record books! Winter snow melt would have been perfect moisture to start seeding. But wasn’t a lot of runoff to fill water holes/dugouts, so 1st spring rain/snow event was just right to fill rest , then 2nd spring rain/snow event filled sloughs with some overland flooding and delayed seeding start to May 17, for a couple days , another rain delay, then had a good run to June 10.
                          Couple tenths a day, managed to finnish dry enough ground Monday, 3” later flatland is under water and overland flooding again, sloughs are maxed out , every rain event is all runoff now. This is SW Mb
                          Start herbicide spraying now , still waiting on 1200 acres for water to drain off again, maybe some millet to seed yet! 🤷*♂️

Comment

This event brought just under 2" of badly needed water. We'll be able to take another drink next week.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...