• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Partners View Post
    Where did all the dandelions come from?
    Every road ditch is yellow..so are some fields..
    yes thats what i was saying !

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Beautiful!!
      Sure must piss your nieghbors off that you can seed that good without an independent $1M drill, lol
      Partners has a really good established crop of canola. Just shows what a good operator can do with with an older drill and being able to grow an excellent crop without the high capital cost.

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
        Partners has a really good established crop of canola. Just shows what a good operator can do with with an older drill and being able to grow an excellent crop without the high capital cost.
        Amen. So good to see and it keeps we who aren’t cutting edge in terms of iron, hopeful. Sometimes it feels lonely out here as the one guy in the country wo a paralink!

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Where did all the dandelions come from?
          Every road ditch is yellow..so are some fields..
          I have wondered that myself. I’m grazing a sudden influx on one piece with the sheep right now. Apparently feed quality is as good or better than alfalfa. All I know is they love them.

Upon observing the pasture, I came up with a semi theory.

One thing I found out is that at times, dandelions don’t bloom, and they sit there and vegetate. I believe newer established ones don’t bloom as much. Then when conditions are better, they bloom. Where I bale graze, in the areas of well covered soil they are vegetative and huge. Outside the thick layer of mulch, they are blooming and smaller. It looks funny actually, so distinct. My theory is that the mulched ones are vegetating because under that thatch is endless moisture and much cooler conditions, maybe more nutrients too, but IMO the nutrients won’t show up till next year. Outside the layer it is maybe a bit dryer, and certainly warmer soil.

My point is the dandelions I think are always there. You just don’t notice them if they ain’t blooming. From a distance the vegetative ones look like beautiful lush grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
            Amen. So good to see and it keeps we who aren’t cutting edge in terms of iron, hopeful. Sometimes it feels lonely out here as the one guy in the country wo a paralink!
            It is a miracle how the seeds we plant… if 1” with care and Love… when the spring rains come and it germinates… our planted seeds don’t discriminate who planted them or how! Germination of Seeds is truly a transformative event of life! Any Engeneer would be proud of this Miracle of Life!

Comment

Paralink shmaralink! Scads of c shank drills running all over. Take hwy 16 or 619 and lots of them in the fields. Heck throw in some old deep tillage cultivators with technotills to boot. I get it if you have 5000 acres to plant you want something that can get it in faster and more accurate. If you have a lot less acres and willing to run speeds which match the capabilities of your drill and pay attention to setting things such as wind and depth you can do a great job with stealth double shoot paired rows. Neighbor has a bg8810 with midrows for years and still does a great job in the hills besides the hawks and conservaplow. Some guys you could give them the newest and greatest seedmaster or a bloody sack of seed and Johnny Appleseed and they’d still stuff it up. There’s bush farmers who seed with fertilizer spreaders and cultivators and get good stands.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                It is a miracle how the seeds we plant… if 1” with care and Love… when the spring rains come and it germinates… our planted seeds don’t discriminate who planted them or how! Germination of Seeds is truly a transformative event of life! Any Engeneer would be proud of this Miracle of Life!

It really is that simple isn’t it Tom? Same as when a lamb is born, and gets up to nurse in two minutes or less. They ALL do it. It was no accident. Amen.

We hatch chicken eggs frequently. A plain egg. Fertilized. Hatches in 21 days. Some wild birds hatch in 11 or 12 days. Come on! Anyhow, the chick forms in three weeks. And has an egg knife strategically placed on its beak. All of them. They ALL know how to twist their head into the air bubble for their first breaths. And how to pip a hike in the shell at the right time. And once the sharp egg tooth is used, it falls off.. Random chance? And that’s just scratching the surface. The complexity and the physiological factors involved are truly awe inspiring.

Comment

It really is that simple isn’t it Tom? Same as when a lamb is born, and gets up to nurse in two minutes or less. They ALL do it. It was no accident. Amen.

We hatch chicken eggs frequently. A plain egg. Fertilized. Hatches in 21 days. Some wild birds hatch in 11 or 12 days. Come on! Anyhow, the chick forms in three weeks. And has an egg knife strategically placed on its beak. All of them. They ALL know how to twist their head into the air bubble for their first breaths. And how to pip a hike in the shell at the right time. And once the sharp egg tooth is used, it falls off.. Random chance? And that’s just scratching the surface. The complexity and the physiological factors involved are truly awe inspiring.
                  My Grandchildren are now hatching eggs… It is unbelievable how fast those chicks grow… (they keep them in the house till a month old) you can almost see them get bigger over the course of an evening visit… almost as fast as the grandchildren…!!!

The miracle of Life is awe inspiring!

Comment

Our guinea has been sitting on eggs since before Easter. She has faith.😂

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      Our guinea has been sitting on eggs since before Easter. She has faith.😂
                      Hahaha. Made my family wonder what I’m laughing at.

Comment

It's just ALL an accident of random evolution! Ya right! Absolutely amazing, a wonder, if you can THINK. All the genetic results in TINY seeds...animals...farmers know it's miracles in action. Creation on going, our part to play.

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
                          and he does it every year

Comment

Started spraying the bly today.

Comment

We like our Ole Bourgault 8910 paired row for cereals as well ..

Comment

More low cost farming...

8810 with poly packers
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	8810.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	773451

5710 ' with 3.5" packers

Name:	5710.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	773452

Name:	canola.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	773453

Low cost sprayer

Name:	130.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	773454

can't see or remove last side ways pic?
                                Last edited by fjlip; Jun 15, 2022, 22:52.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...