• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World’s first ammonia-powered zero-emissions tractor

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World’s first ammonia-powered zero-emissions tractor

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/06/worlds-first-ammonia-powered-zero-emissions-tractor-starts-testing/

Is ammonia cheaper than diesel. Another clown world climate idea.

Great idea to put fertilizer made with natural gas in competition with diesel fuel.

Children running the world.

Click image for larger version

Name:	amm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	780270

I know I am dense.

Ammonia for an engine is zero emissions.

Ammonia for crop growth is not.

Someone, anyone explain it.

Thanks in advance.
    The dumbphuckled farmer

Comment

Looks like a really clean install.

Comment

Still need to perfect a solar powered ammonia production process. Not knocking this tech cause it has more potential than batteries. Energy density of ammonia isn’t huge and it’s kinda dangerous but if ammonia can be produced more cheaply than diesel why not. Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier with an NH3 powered jet.

Comment

Wasn’t hydrogen supposed to change the world too……. Don’t hear it mentioned anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
            Looks like a really clean install.
            Huh. Last thing I need to be checking is the air drill and then that contraption. Why would I complicate my life further for no benefit. Are people going to pay more for food for me to run that thing.

Article says it can only carry enough fuel for 2 hrs.

Might work on that row crop tractor pulling a sprayer or something. Can it mount on a 4wd pulling 80ft drill in the gumbo.

Imagine if most farmers were forced to do a convert that that, they would just quit.
            Last edited by jazz; Jun 7, 2022, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Huh. Last thing I need to be checking is the air drill and then that contraption. Why would I complicate my life further for no benefit. Are people going to pay more for food for me to run that thing.

Article says it can only carry enough fuel for 2 hrs.

Might work on that row crop tractor pulling a sprayer or something. Can it mount on a 4wd pulling 80ft drill in the gumbo.

Imagine if most farmers were forced to do a convert that that, they would just quit.
              Exactly. Once grain prices come back to reality this will make less sense than it does now. Aside from niche situations these things do not accommodate the vast majority of energy demand. I’m still waiting for a diesel over electric tractor. Could realize upwards of 30% reduction in fuel use. That is more realistic and beneficial than batteries, hydrogen, or nh3 at this time. Heck invent a less energy intensive means to make nh3 for fertilizer. Not knocking renewables but don’t artificially inflate prices of non renewables to make inefficient renewables competitive. It is not sustainable in a pure economic sense which is a truly green social science.

Comment

Not sure about the diesel over electric, the new d7e cat was a fuel burning pig according to operators.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                  Not sure about the diesel over electric, the new d7e cat was a fuel burning pig according to operators.
                  If it was so great heavy equipment would see it first, haven't happened.

Comment

Idiot monkeys running our ZOO/world! CBC did a story on "let's get rid of asphalt/highways"! They are made with OIL! Then said use bus/transit? WTF do they drive on? It's all going nutso!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      Idiot monkeys running our ZOO/world! CBC did a story on "let's get rid of asphalt/highways"! They are made with OIL! Then said use bus/transit? WTF do they drive on? It's all going nutso!
                      I guessing cement?

Comment

I suggest Roto-tilling asphalt and replacing it with gravel start in Ottawa where OC Transpo’s 977 buses can easily move people around. Can you imagine the outcry?
                        Last edited by sumdumguy; Jun 7, 2022, 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                          Hell Romanow's NDP government was way ahead on this one - they were changing paved highways back to gravel in the 1990's.

Comment

Does anyone know what the black product is that bike paths are made of? It for sure can't be oil, right?

Comment

Originally posted by oldjim View Post
                              Hell Romanow's NDP government was way ahead on this one - they were changing paved highways back to gravel in the 1990's.
                              I went on a road trip then to buy a sprayer, spilled a lot of beer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...