• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys are so tough dip my lid to you

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are so tough dip my lid to you

All you guys cattle guys in particular.

It’s 2.30 in the arvo 8.2c we’re thinking he’ll is about to freeze over.

Often wondered if I would last a day in depths of Canadian winter rethinking that to hours now.

Must be old age, stopped for a pee before out in the paddock wonder for a moment if I was gender neutral 🤭

Crap, I'd die now if I had to move in the +40° C.

Comment

My hats off to cattlemen, people , as well .
      Tough livin with little reward other than the love of doing what they do

Comment

Not to mention Land, one sight of a snake or a spider and I'd be in the truck.

Comment

It’s a function of what one is used to, along with metabolism etc. I’m hot blooded. I prefer cool to cold over heat any day. I like a day where it’s about 17 in the sun, like today. I die when it is 25 or more. Thankfully 30 is rare where I farm. Especially because we also have high humidity, which makes it ten times worse.

So I tip my hat to you for the ability to stand 40. I would not only feel like dying. I’m pretty sure I’d drop dead.

Comment

I like the water a balmy 84 degrees
            And 35 with a cold pil in my hand
            Course not when working
            After 27 I start to sieze
            Last edited by Guest; Jun 5, 2022, 17:33.

Comment

When I was young I loved the heat it really didn’t matter +35 wasn’t a problem now +28 is kinda pushing it.
              Anyway it dose have all to do with getting climatized, I check cows every morning and the temperature is usually around +2 and I wear the same clothes as I would while skidooing at-30, my little motorcycle gets pretty cold after an hour.

Comment

Thinking maybe hoodies and vests as hard to find in Oz as shorts are here lol.

Comment

Plus nine this morning, off to feed critters with bare feet and crocs, shorts and a long sleeved shirt. Beautiful morning, mallee!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Thinking maybe hoodies and vests as hard to find in Oz as shorts are here lol.
                    They wear hoodies and toques when it’s 15 out.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                      When I was young I loved the heat it really didn’t matter +35 wasn’t a problem now +28 is kinda pushing it.
                      Anyway it dose have all to do with getting climatized, I check cows every morning and the temperature is usually around +2 and I wear the same clothes as I would while skidooing at-30, my little motorcycle gets pretty cold after an hour.
                      I never could stand the heat. I'd far sooner be in conditions where I can keep adding layers.

But I find it the same thing you do, I wear the same amount of clothes at two above in the spring summer fall, as I do at 30 below in the middle of winter. So there's definitely something to the acclimatization idea.

From a comfort point of view, I'd be happy if it was always five above. Just warm enough that I can work without freezing my fingers.
                      I think you would take about 3 years to get our crops to mature at those conditions though.

Comment

I hate wind. Temp could be decent but wind drives me inside. Yesterday family and I went to an outdoor event. I wore my heavy button up shirt. Wife and kids couldn’t believe I’d wear that cause it was warm. I said mark my words you guys will be wanting your jackets before long. I was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                          They wear hoodies and toques when it’s 15 out.
                          True story that…….I rug up at 17c and below

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                            I hate wind. Temp could be decent but wind drives me inside. Yesterday family and I went to an outdoor event. I wore my heavy button up shirt. Wife and kids couldn’t believe I’d wear that cause it was warm. I said mark my words you guys will be wanting your jackets before long. I was right.
                            We get a handful of days of unbearable wind, usually in spring. Otherwise one of the calmest areas I know of. Any more than that and I would go nuts. I can't handle being in Southern AB, or any other perpetual place. Maybe it grow on you if you live there long enough?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              We get a handful of days of unbearable wind, usually in spring. Otherwise one of the calmest areas I know of. Any more than that and I would go nuts. I can't handle being in Southern AB, or any other perpetual place. Maybe it grow on you if you live there long enough?
                              Maybe. We have always gotten lots of wind. I can’t stand it still. Makes matters worse the way the land lays it’s a wind tunnel to boot. Try to grow a garden here it’s a waste 50% of the time. Heavy clay and calcareous or solonetzic subsoil where our yards are just sucks for gardens. I like the no till garden idea. Where it would be good for gardens it’s usually too wet. Off on a tangent but it’s windy as heck right now and it makes me miserable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...