• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The great debt crash

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venezuela here we come...

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      Cad fell off a cliff. Cpi targets are going to be tough to achieve without even more hikes. Central banksters laughing.
      Deflation boogeyman just around the corner as always.
      Yeah and I took a lot of sht and abuse from the usual suspects when I called a 6 handle on the loon.

Right again. I predict 62c is in the near future. Right back to when we nearly defaulted in the 90s.

Seriously, let Trudeau win the election. Nobody will want to touch this smoking ruin after.

Comment

This is a frickin mess . . . .

The U.S. Fed is now totally out-of-control and out-to-lunch. They are chasing the wrong rabbit. Inflation data is lag data and dropping quickly. The problem is the debt crisis, not inflation which the Fed doesn't seem to get the message. Asset prices are going to get crushed by these poor policies.

Bank of Canada has to be sweating it right now. They likely weren't going to hike rates tomorrow, now they may be forced to hike. Gong-show . . . .

Comment

North American politics has exaggerated this situation this past few years with both Canada and US in full circus mode completely ignoring economic policy and focusing far too much on woke green policy dribble

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
            This is a frickin mess . . . .

The U.S. Fed is now totally out-of-control and out-to-lunch. They are chasing the wrong rabbit. Inflation data is lag data and dropping quickly. The problem is the debt crisis, not inflation which the Fed doesn't seem to get the message. Asset prices are going to get crushed by these poor policies.

Bank of Canada has to be sweating it right now. They likely weren't going to hike rates tomorrow, now they may be forced to hike. Gong-show . . . .
            If I understand the US is signalling an increase of another 0.5 points?

If Canada doesn’t our $ falls more?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              If I understand the US is signalling an increase of another 0.5 points?

If Canada doesn’t our $ falls more?
              Because we are locked in trade with the US we have to keep our loon in range of their currency. It’s great for our commodities going overseas but not for anything else that goes into the US or anything we bring in from there.

It makes investment capital leave for other locations.

And worse of all retard trudeaus policies have decoupled oil from the loon.

Ol Tiff is going to have to choose between the currency or the housing market.

CIBC is out today calling for a loon at 60-62c.

Comment

okay, 0.62 CAD, makes $21 Canola, $11.50 wheat, bring it on.

Oops $820 urea, oops $2/L diesel
                Last edited by fjlip; Mar 8, 2023, 10:28.

Comment

hummmm march wht 11.18 canola 18.87 today ( if you can even get a buyer )
                  I got truck parts coming from USA so I guess they won't be any cheaper.

Comment

Canola exports are roughly 1.5 million tons higher that last year, at this time

Western Canada and the USA mid west are - have a major drought

Argentina worst drought in 60 years

Those might be black swans circling?

Comment

Bold call by CIBC, I guess not outside the realm of possibility if we decide to decouple from US interest rate policy.

Please post link

Comment

Originally posted by workboots View Post
                        Bold call by CIBC, I guess not outside the realm of possibility if we decide to decouple from US interest rate policy.

Please post link
                        https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/loonie-a...nada-1.1892308

The bank phoned me up yesterday and said congrats, you have been selected for an unsecured credit line. I asked at what rate, he said 9.5%. LOL. I said keep it.

Business banker I chatted with said the lending is drying up big time. Didnt say where or what sector, imagine its all around but mostly housing.
                        Last edited by jazz; Mar 7, 2023, 21:55.

Comment

.715 - .725

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            Yeah and I took a lot of sht and abuse from the usual suspects when I called a 6 handle on the loon.

Right again. I predict 62c is in the near future. Right back to when we nearly defaulted in the 90s.

Seriously, let Trudeau win the election. Nobody will want to touch this smoking ruin after.

The link you provided states 1.39.

Weren't you predicting the same fairy tale a couple of years ago, and within a couple of months after that the CDN$ did the exact opposite and gained ground against the US$?

Time for you to short the CDN$ again Jazz.
                            Last edited by foragefarmer; Mar 8, 2023, 07:14.

Comment

Won't we be popular with America cattlemen with a .62 $

Comment

I overheard a conversation yesterday of some seniors wondering when their carbon tax cheque is coming. One piped up and said April 18 and all were excited. Hmmm

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...