• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    We will have 1/2 a crop in western Canada again if it don’t rain in 2/3 of Alberta and Sask within 10 days
    Or quit raining here in Manitoba and warm up, f**king drain tile won't thaw out to let the fields dry out, June the 5th, last year it was 41c this year 41f

Comment

Originally posted by VK58 View Post
      Or quit raining here in Manitoba and warm up, f**king drain tile won't thaw out to let the fields dry out, June the 5th, last year it was 41c this year 41f
      Exactly, wow that’s brutal

Comment

Originally posted by VK58 View Post
        That’s the problem with some of our wet fields. Drains are frozen yet. Hard to believe but true

Comment

Canola just going in around here. Planted before rain just emerging. Too cold for most flea beetles, just hatching. Soy just starting to come up seeded 26 May.

Comment

Another puzzling day on the markets.

In response to the missile strike on the #2 Ukrainian port for wheat and #1 for sunflower oil, and reports that it was basically destroyed. Likely full of product considering the difficulty in exporting anything currently, wheat prices were way up starting last night, and soy oil prices down ( nearby) and soybeans/ canola lackluster.

Lots of participants in the market, but it seems that those who trade headlines think that Ukraine is only an exporter of wheat, not sunflower oil and products. I still maintain that the oil is the bigger story out of Ukraine. Wheat is grown all over the world, at all times of the year. Vegetable oils, specifically sunflowers don't have that luxury.

Ukraine produces more vegetable oil than all of Canada.

Ukraine and Russia together produce the vast majority of all sunflower/oil in the world.

Sunflower oil accounting for either side of 10% of all world veg oil production.

Comment

Good to see you are still with us wheatKing16.

I don't have any strong convictions about the direction of the market right now technically. Any free advice you are willing to share? Or anything in your latest paid analysis that would make it worth the money?
              I should rephrase that. I'm sure it's always worth the money, but anything really exceptional right now?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Good to see you are still with us wheatKing16.

I don't have any strong convictions about the direction of the market right now technically. Any free advice you are willing to share? Or anything in your latest paid analysis that would make it worth the money?
                I should rephrase that. I'm sure it's always worth the money, but anything really exceptional right now?
                Nothing really exceptional right now.

I will post something tonight after I walk my dog.

Perhaps, I will share how today's wheat bounce was anticipated last Wednesday and Friday by a few Agrivillians ahead of the Russia grain terminal strike.

I won't engage in a debate about how News Follows Price so maybe I will go to yoga before I post and get all zen.
                Last edited by wheatking16; Jun 6, 2022, 15:48.

Comment

If I can't get the crop in does that effect the yields ?

Comment

I am getting mixed messages with NOV Canola.

The Canola NOV22 Daily chart has the price below the 50 DMA and struggling with the overhead supply and the yellow trendline.

Bearish on the short timeframe.

A close above the 50 DMA gets me all hot and bothered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RSX22_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_06_07_2022.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	773423

Soybeans are telling me another story.

The nearby Soybean oil chart is back above the green 50 DMA and my target from March or April of 80.86.

This looks bullish to me.

Name:	ZL1!_2022-06-07_11-30-01.jpg
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	773424

DEC Oil is making new highs.

Name:	ZLZ2022_2022-06-07_11-32-07.jpg
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	773425

Soybeans making new highs

Name:	ZS1!_2022-06-07_11-33-33.jpg
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	773426

NOV Soybeans making new highs also

Will Canola follow?

Comment

Its difficult to be bearish canola when:
                      - canola has acre issues ( acres not seeded to wet issues vs acres seeded canola only crop that can be seeded)
                      - canola has production issues(drought to extreme wet/disease)
                      - europe canola strong prices, French droughty
                      - palm oil export restrictions
                      - low stocks
                      - south america beans dryness
                      - usa markets still up and bullish all three beans/meal and oil at the same time

Might as well throw in flea beetle issues

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                        Its difficult to be bearish canola when:
                        - canola has acre issues ( acres not seeded to wet issues vs acres seeded canola only crop that can be seeded)
                        - canola has production issues(drought to extreme wet/disease)
                        - europe canola strong prices, French droughty
                        - palm oil export restrictions
                        - low stocks
                        - south america beans dryness
                        - usa markets still up and bullish all three beans/meal and oil at the same time

Might as well throw in flea beetle issues

And frost , some areas 4 times last 7 to 8 days

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...