• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June 1st

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 1st

Globullshit warming at its finest same as last 3 springs, but somehow one warm day at the north pole (verified only by santa himself) is the only newsworthy item
    Last edited by Guest; Jun 1, 2022, 05:31.

Comment

Just SW of Battleford

Comment

But it is a dry cold!

Comment

Not a hard frost by no means but ….. if we drop to zero or even just below again tomorrow morning or Friday morning that will be 3-4 mornings in a row . With zero rain forecast

Heading to retailer to get more bug juice before they sell out the next few days .
          I know already what’s going to happen by early next week when others realize what’s going on.
          Canola , injured, slow growth and fleas love that

Comment

Yes June 1st and heater on in the tractor last night. No temperature above 20 in this area in the 2 week forecast, I think it’ll be hard pressed getting the late seeded crops to maturity given the way this year is shaping up. We’re going to need a bit of a heat wave like we had last summer to make it happen. The grand Solar minimum at work I guess. Could be a decade of more of this apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
              Yes June 1st and heater on in the tractor last night. No temperature above 20 in this area in the 2 week forecast, I think it’ll be hard pressed getting the late seeded crops to maturity given the way this year is shaping up. We’re going to need a bit of a heat wave like we had last summer to make it happen. The grand Solar minimum at work I guess. Could be a decade of more of this apparently.
              Exactly, yet majority ignore that fact cause “experts” tell us we are warming at double the rate as the rest of the world and our growing seasons are 3-4 weeks longer

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Not a hard frost by no means but ….. if we drop to zero or even just below again tomorrow morning or Friday morning that will be 3-4 mornings in a row . With zero rain forecast

Heading to retailer to get more bug juice before they sell out the next few days .
                I know already what’s going to happen by early next week when others realize what’s going on.
                Canola , injured, slow growth and fleas love that
                Had to spray one field yesterday as the beetles were having a party. Holding off on the rest as they appear ok so far but the dry cooler weather is definitely not helping. Wheat and barley doing good, canola not so much, growing very slow..

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  Had to spray one field yesterday as the beetles were having a party. Holding off on the rest as they appear ok so far but the dry cooler weather is definitely not helping. Wheat and barley doing good, canola not so much, growing very slow..
                  Much the same here now , but canola will be very dicey with 4 mornings in a row of lite frosts .

Comment

Soy not up. Low 4 thurs.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                      Soy not up. Low 4 thurs.
                      Our soy not up yet , corn is but just the tops will get singed
                      I would not be concerned in wet areas , being on the dry side with no rain next 5-10 days is worrisome

Comment

June 1 Lets see.
                        Furnace still heating the house.
                        Apple trees no blossoms.
                        Saskatoon's no blossom's.
                        Mayday trees no blossom's.
                        Oak trees no leaf's yet.

Mayday are usually first with blossoms around the middle of May. The apple trees and saskatoons around the 20th of May. Oak leaves are always late but normally would have small leaves by the end of May.

I would say a good 2 weeks behind normal which is so strange in an ever warming World!

Comment

Done seeding. Out helping my dad pick poles off his breaking before he plows it.

Comment

7 day forecast was cruel no rain.
                            So tried the 14,surely it will lie to me. But nope rain 3 days under 1 mm

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                              7 day forecast was cruel no rain.
                              So tried the 14,surely it will lie to me. But nope rain 3 days under 1 mm
                              Yup , will make it tough for canola to recover especially if it freezes again by Friday

These ones will make it if it don’t freeze again
                              Rain would sure help

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...