• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canary price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canary price

anyone know if anything going on with canary pricing ?
    schoular at $.445

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    anyone know if anything going on with canary pricing ?
    schoular at $.445
    I would caution dealing with Scoular this year until they get their act together. Its like they've taken a lesson in how to piss off customers. Everything from not taking contracts on time to their absolutely horrid record keeping (check your settlements closely as the last several have missed grain). They've also been keeping their local bids in certain crops hidden and any overage ends up being bought for below current market value. Peas were okay, but man did we ever get screwed on flax overage.

They're excuse every week is "we can't get containers".

The canary market seems a bit stagnant in the last few months with a wait and see attitude. I don't think we will see much price movement until some crop conditions become apparent.

Comment

You are absolutely right about Scholar. I actually had them miss one super b load of canary. They never fill contracts oldest to newest, just apply to which ever one they want. Delivery has been slow, but if you keep on top of them it's ok. My closest canary delivery point, so I bit the bullet and did a couple small contracts for this fall. The place has gone to shit since they moved everyone to Saskatoon. There are no upper management employees left from the Waker seed days.

Comment

Is Fillmore Seeds down the road a bit?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...