• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Straight Up Gouging

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight Up Gouging

After most of the northern hemisphere crop is in.....Who is filling the bins this summer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	goug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	780264.
    Last edited by jazz; May 27, 2022, 06:50.

This should be investigated.

But instead the conservative worry about fertilizer reductions. They represent the fertilizer companies not the farmers.

Comment

Whole system is rigged. People talk about this company or that company that increase their prices but it’s way up higher on the food chain that. U gotta look to see who and why things are the way they are. It goes all the way to our economical and financial systems. Not just Ag.

Comment

I imagine the price will fall sub $1000 then farmers will want to buy some for next yr, then they will tell you they cant get any.

But if ammonia is falling, that might mean the entire commodity complex might as well. Scary.

Comment

No different than other years, the decrease just came off from a higher starting point.

Supply and demand, that's why 12 out of 13 years fertilizer prices were cheaper in the fall.

Comment

It is a normal seasonal thing that fertilizer prices ease starting in late May. In the past, fertilizer picked up after the May long was usually lower than fertilizer bought earlier in the season, often times helping make the average price paid in spring quite competitive with storing fertilizer bought in fall. The fertilizer 'shortage' was really over hyped this year.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
              No different than other years,
              You are saying this year is the same as every other year. I doubt many farmers see it that way.

Pls show me the year where diesel doubled and every chemical we use too.

Comment

I agree this whole fertilizer bullshit is just that pure fu king bullshit.

No shortage of ammonia no shortage s15 or S10 or anything it was a total **** farmers.

Comment

yep ,complete fu kin joke
                  did anyone have any trouble getting any ?????
                  they just suckered a bunch of farmers into paying and storing it for them and then same farmers telling everyone how smart they were ?
                  fu kin amazing
                  liberty , glyphos will be the same

Comment

Lots of seed still in the sheds me and most of my neighbors just starting . See 1/2 tons with barrels of liberty in the back going down the hi-way I guess they just got back from China !! Another 1/2 inch rain last night Oh- boy.

Comment

Entirely right Jazz, this isn’t inflation, it’s gouging.

Many assets will collapse or have begun to collapse. It really doesn’t matter what central bankers do, gouging will solve itself. Demand destruction has already begun,”.As Elon Musk just stated; We will see a rash of bankruptcies. Central banks have propped up many companies that shouldn’t exist. He’s right . . . . Words not quite right, but get the idea.

The recession markets have already entered may be far deeper than either 2000 or 2008. Commodities will also be impacted, even crude oil. Crude has a long ways down, when this ship cracks.

Talk that inflation is here to say just me makes me chuckle . . . .

Comment

Just waiting for the chem reps to be out telling us we must spray fungicides 4-6 times , ohhh and due to “shortages” it’s triple over last year “ Gotta protect that $20 canola” …. Lol .
                        With no subsoil and missing this last system, one 10-14 day stretch of hot weather without rain and not fungicide on earth will pay

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                          Entirely right Jazz, this isn’t inflation, it’s gouging.

Many assets will collapse or have begun to collapse. It really doesn’t matter what central bankers do, gouging will solve itself. Demand destruction has already begun,”.As Elon Musk just stated; We will see a rash of bankruptcies. Central banks have propped up many companies that shouldn’t exist. He’s right . . . . Words not quite right, but get the idea.

The recession markets have already entered may be far deeper than either 2000 or 2008. Commodities will also be impacted, even crude oil. Crude has a long ways down, when this ship cracks.

Talk that inflation is here to say just me makes me chuckle . . . .
                          When is it gouging, and when is it simply free market/supply and demand? Where is the line? Are farmers gouging with the current high crop prices? As a percentage basis the prices we are getting are roughly the same ratio as fertilizer and other inputs.

And do we really want someone telling us the maximum we can sell our crops for? Because if you feel fertilizer prices should be controlled how can you argue against no controls of food prices right back to farm gate?

And it is really easy to cry gouging, but there is a major war happening where components of many products are mined, found. China is still locked down from covid and production and processing of materials/products/parts we need is stalled. There are shipping/port constraints around the world due to many issues. Supply lines are broken. And everyone of these issues add costs to the system.

High prices will cure high prices. New supply'suppliers are found. Replacement products are developed. That is how capitalism works. Or is capitalism/freemarket no longer supported by agriville.

Comment

I do not personally know a single farmer who:
                            1) put down exactly the same pre-seed cocktail as they usually do. Lots of reduced rates, and substituted chemistries.

2) put down as much fertilizer as they did last year. Lots put down the same $/ac as they normally would have, some were even well below their traditional $/ac spend.

Things could certainly be different in higher production areas, but I have no doubt that the market did exactly what the higher prices were intending to do...

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              I do not personally know a single farmer who:
                              1) put down exactly the same pre-seed cocktail as they usually do. Lots of reduced rates, and substituted chemistries.

2) put down as much fertilizer as they did last year. Lots put down the same $/ac as they normally would have, some were even well below their traditional $/ac spend.

Things could certainly be different in higher production areas, but I have no doubt that the market did exactly what the higher prices were intending to do...
                              Especially if you’re going in dry. Not enough lube.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...