• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey blueversi we got some flakes falling here but your at higher elevation so I guess that’s why yours is snow.
    Case IH we are on doorstep of greenwater provincial park.

Comment

We may get a a few days in but not enough to seed 10000 acres or even the 50000 some operations have. It is pouring right now.

Comment

Got a hundred acres in yesterday with no where to go. Then it showered all night then snowed at 3 and hailed at 6. Looking hopeless.

Comment

She’s spinning back around probably get snow tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            We may get a a few days in but not enough to seed 10000 acres or even the 50000 some operations have. It is pouring right now.
            hope it smartens up for you , been there lots , very disheartening

Comment

It has snowed for 9.5 hours straight, started at ten AM, hasn’t let up once. That has got to be a first for May 19th?

Comment

We got 3 or 4 tenths today. Eastern Alberta. Puts us around 1/2 inch this year. Not out of the woods yet. Good luck to those who are fighting the opposite problem. One upside for you guys is that there very likely will be a good market for any crops that can be cut and baled for feed. Grass is short but many will keep their cattle over the summer. Next winter is where the crunch will come. Feed supplies have to be at an all time low.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  She’s spinning back around probably get snow tonight.
                  Hear it snowed at Tisdale with 3 inches on the ground and cars in the dich.

No rain and still in field on east side of Tobin up near dam.
                  They have seen lots of mud up there over the years.
                  Last edited by shtferbrains; May 19, 2022, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                    It has snowed for 9.5 hours straight, started at ten AM, hasn’t let up once. That has got to be a first for May 19th?
                    That happened here in 1972 but August 20th, dad couldnt open the door to get out of the house, didn't matter since the pickup was stuck.

Comment

Yep
                      Rode out brand new JDX6 snowmobile that day
                      Was a pile of junk
                      Last John Deere we had

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        Happened in the 80s here. Don’t remember which year but I was quite young. Wheat was all up and turned out fine. Was the long weekend of May. Believe it was over a foot.

Comment

I brought in the rain/ snow gauge and its at 50mm from yesterday. We are officially snot starting till June 1 now, I would say thats best case.

Comment

May long is a prime weekend to get snow in Eastern Sask. Its happened before many times. But we always had more crops seeded.

Math is fun if you seed June 10 you need till Sept 20th to get a crop with zero frost.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                              Happened in the 80s here. Don’t remember which year but I was quite young. Wheat was all up and turned out fine. Was the long weekend of May. Believe it was over a foot.

I think it was 1982. 🤷
                              Last edited by zeefarmer; May 20, 2022, 06:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
                                We got 3 or 4 tenths today. Eastern Alberta. Puts us around 1/2 inch this year. Not out of the woods yet. Good luck to those who are fighting the opposite problem. One upside for you guys is that there very likely will be a good market for any crops that can be cut and baled for feed. Grass is short but many will keep their cattle over the summer. Next winter is where the crunch will come. Feed supplies have to be at an all time low.

I don't know how far hay will be trucked when diesel is $2/L and cattle prices are where they are. I've heard from numerous life long cattle producers that they're cutting back or getting out of cattle entirely.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...