• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAAS satellite changes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI If any one is still struggling with GPS issues with the sat changes , Matt Yanick has some great video's on face book walking through changing settings. https://www.myprecisionag.ca/ It helped us a lot

Comment

My Precision Ag Ltd. in Rocanville, SK offers precision agriculture consultations. We do precision farming machinery installations and troubleshooting.

hey thanks james , great article!

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
        I always thought the screwup on hills was you get more land going up and down compared to flat.
        The extra is negligible. Our country generally has a slough at the bottom of big hills. If you can drain them to a bigger slough you lose good bottom land. So a lot of the “extra acres” comes from overlap. GPS mapping does really help especially spraying where there is already some overlap. With seeding you see your progress and the autosteer misses on knolls and side draft drives me crazy. Most run TBT carts and independent opener drills now. Few of us running slab drills and exclusively stealth openers. Only opener which handles the rocks. Did I mention we have rocks? Probably not the worst place for them but we dig enough.

Comment

we got the heads up from trimble on an email
          SFA from raven or outback

Comment

lots of acres in hills

On my hills the drills will miss 1’ per 60’ pass as that is how much more area is in the slope of the hill vs the flat lines that gps lays down.

Because those hills are not uniform you either have to have misses on the hills or overlap on the flatter areas to compensate for the extra distance it takes to farm over the hills.

They are not gps misses as has been suggested.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...