• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t remember what my crop did in 79, but did get married that year.

Comment

68 in this area, REAL early spring, no snow by March, picking rocks in late March. The fall/harvest went till November, endless rain in September October. All feed. Canola was rare.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        Ahem ....
        Anyone remember 79?
        Or am I the only one ?
        What I remember of the summer of 1979 doesn't include the condition or the outcome of the crops.

That's the trouble with you Sask. farm boys while growing up, you were to focused on the condition of the crops and farm animals, especially sheep.

Comment

Actually for us older the Summer of 69....

Comment

I was barely born. All I know is that year my dad bought a lot of new and newer machinery and half ton etc. Couldn’t have been too bad. He was hardly a big spender.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              I heard no cwb quota and poor cwb prices in 68 had to store the wheat until 1974 when it hit 4 or 5 $ a bushel !

A lot of education over the years !
              4 bu/acre Wheat quota at $0.60/bu....dad and Grandpa traded many Bu for machinery and repairs, even a Behlen shed!

Comment

Seems so fitting so far this spring for many ..
                Stomping Tom …… Poor Poor Farmer

Comment

Amazing how applicable that song still is

Comment

The vast majority of snowflakes these days would not last a week doing what we all do day in and day out . All on a hope a prayer 🙏

Comment

Guys relax! Those bad memories of frost and late harvests was the old days before the earth started heating up and Canada 3 times faster that the rest of the world. Should be plenty of time to mature a crop in these modern times and years and years catastrophe warming!

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                        I remember 64.
                        May 24th full day blizzard. Foot of snow.

Comment

68-69 somewhere in there ,the powers that be traded wheat for a demo Allis Chalmers D21 I think 90cents /bushell. , they were too cheap to put AC in it , so a bycool cab cooler, had her already for the day, full of water, neighbour got stuck ,I unhooked, and drove thru a ditch to cross the road to pull him out.
                          That was one cold shower of ice cold water thru that fan.
                          First AC was a new 75 steiger what a dream, cool clean, bostrum seat,no getting stuck, and it would actully turn at the end of the field

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                            Don’t remember what my crop did in 79, but did get married that year.
                            Me too !

Comment

This is what I was told by a retailer trying to promote some kind of new crap.

“Min 2 bushel bump guarantee in cereal for $14.5 an acre almost seems like a no brainer this year”.

With high commodity prices wonder how many gullible guys he talked this into.

Sorry I’m not the guinea pig anymore.

If it’s so good let me try 160 ac.

Even though you can’t buy much fert for $14 ac I would use more of that ... to me that’s a “no brainer”.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                Me too !
                                My parents got married as well in ‘79👍

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...