• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A prediction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A prediction

After seeing pictures of the war in Ukraine, scrap steel prices should decline. And so should steel prices.etc etc etc

A silver lining? someone always profits

Comment

Lots of steel production destroyed in the Donbas region.

Comment

The destruction of things in Ukraine will also create demand for metal, so prices will go up.

Comment

I’d say the opposite to going down is true.
          If/when they start rebuilding there’ll be a lot of demand for steel…..

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
            Lots of steel production destroyed in the Donbas region.
            Not only Ukraine but Russia is a sizeable steel producer as well. History tidbit here. Americans when developing the SR71 Blackbird required titanium for the hull of the plane. At the time the only producer of titanium alloy was the Soviet Union. The CIA set up 5 shell companies to procure the supply.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              Not only Ukraine but Russia is a sizeable steel producer as well. History tidbit here. Americans when developing the SR71 Blackbird required titanium for the hull of the plathats a massive steel mill in Maripol that's been utterly dsne. At the time the only producer of titanium alloy was the Soviet Union. The CIA set up 5 shell companies to procure the supply.
              Somebody's been reading Ben Rich's book Skunk works I think . Highly recommended to those that are interested. And that is a massive steel mill destroyed in mariupol.
              Last edited by mcfarms; May 6, 2022, 19:23.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                Somebody's been reading Ben Rich's book Skunk works I think . Highly recommended to those that are interested. And that is a massive steel mill destroyed in mariupol.
                Evraz Regina employs about 700
                Azovstal employs about 12000. This is the one where the Azov Battalion is making a last stand in old Soviet cold war nuclear bomb shelters.

There is another nearby plant that employs 60000 that took heavy damage.

Thats a lot of steel production out of commission for mid to long term.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                  Evraz Regina employs about 700
                  Azovstal employs about 12000. This is the one where the Azov Battalion is making a last stand in old Soviet cold war nuclear bomb shelters.

There is another nearby plant that employs 60000 that took heavy damage.

Thats a lot of steel production out of commission for mid to long term.
                  If ag is any indication, I wouldn't judge productivity based on number of employees.

Farms there still seem to have 10's of times more labour than a comparable sized farm here would require.

Comment

The way the world is set up the loss of any factory producing anything these days means shortage of something for somebody, somewhere. And guess who's gonna pay for that . And according to RB my scrap steel is worth twice as much as it was 2 years ago

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...