• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 Hours

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
    Some of those businesses were grossly overvalued based on nothing. Shopify for example, while down 75%, still trades at 10x sales which is madness for that. It is just an online store platform.
    Agree , When people have way less disposable income, this was inevitable.
    Add in ever increasing taxes imposed by the liberals and bingo we have a train wreck for 90% of the Canadian citizens
    Last edited by furrowtickler; May 12, 2022, 10:24.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
      NASDAQ index threatening to break below 12,000 points, but even this index doesn't reflect the true valuation carnage in technology taking place right now. Tech stocks in absolute turmoil along with cryptos. Bitcoin breaks $29,000. Some secondary cryptos have almost totally collapsed . . . .

It's been estimate $35 trillion of market value has been wiped out since January. Apparently 14% of all global wealth has evaporated.
      I hope you are being sarcastic - there never was any "value" for a lot of that vaporware.

I have a screen that I run when I'm looking for short candidates. I just ran it for giggles - it returned 20 names with market cap over 2B & P/E over 100. There is no way anyone should own anything with that ridiculous number attached to it. The market may be returning to sanity but it had a long way to go and we're not completely there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
        I hope you are being sarcastic - there never was any "value" for a lot of that vaporware.

I have a screen that I run when I'm looking for short candidates. I just ran it for giggles - it returned 20 names with market cap over 2B & P/E over 100. There is no way anyone should own anything with that ridiculous number attached to it. The market may be returning to sanity but it had a long way to go and we're not completely there yet.
        Boy when it gets back to sanity how much money evaporates?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
          Boy when it gets back to sanity how much money evaporates?
          Now stir-in . . . The Lehman Bros of 'Crypto' in-progress. This is a now a massive collapse.

Comment

Now stir-in . . . The Lehman Bros of 'Crypto' in-progress. This is a now a massive collapse.
            You got this right, definitely going to nothing.

Wasn't Conservative hopeful PP talking up Bitcoin just a month ago.

Another career politician that knows F uck all about business wanting to run Canada.

Comment

Debt defaults will force asset liquidation.

All financial sectors are tumbling. Stocks, bonds, cryptos under severe pressure . . . only place to hide right now is cash (in my view). Cash on-the-sidelines now has value.

My two-bits . . . .
              Mattress location?

Oil to slide to $180.00/barrel. Where is Macdon? Peed off easterners over comment that maybe you should ask yourself if that vehicle trip is necessary, or maybe you could hitch a ride with the neighbour going by. Empty tank is a touchy subject at $110.00/barrel

Ty to admin for non redacted marketing section. Hopefully the lion feature keeps the zebra population eliminated, although maybe this would be a good time to ask anyone willing, where is your favourite futures site?

Comment

Global financial losses are now staggering. Bloomberg calculates that current losses are now 3X that of the financial crash of 2008 and nearly 2X greater than the DOTCOM crash of 2000.

Comment

Global financial losses are now staggering. Bloomberg calculates that current losses are now 3X that of the financial crash of 2008 and nearly 2X greater than the DOTCOM crash of 2000.
                  I don't follow the market close enough but how much of this is peeling off what was easily seen as inflated valued that was mostly pump like meme stocks and a lot of the new green economy virtuous type investments?
                  Ark Investment as an example. Great appeal if you want it to happen but all bleeding edge portfolio.

Lots of bullshit hitting the fan IMHO.
                  When stuff looks "too good to be true" the truth most always comes with a reckoning.

Comment

Greed Fear Greed Fear rinse and repeat. History repeats.

Comment

Target - down 25% this morning 🤯

At the open, it's the biggest single-day loss since 1987

Comment

Target - down 25% this morning 🤯

At the open, it's the biggest single-day loss since 1987

Errol, I've followed your bearishness for years. Through the Kondratieff cycle predictions, before and since. This time I think you're right. The central banks have no more ammunition. Crypto is a hoax and will, in the future, be seen as a grifter's dream. Governments and consumers have avoided paying the full cost of maintaining the standard of living and a lot of the unpaid costs have been laid off onto the environment. Gaia is showing some anger now and there will be more environmental ramifications to how we live, produce and consume. The inequities in income and wealth have consequences to the social structure. IMHO change is coming, some of it drastic.

Comment

Add to that the insane amount of government spending and handouts the past few years is about to come home to roost

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

I think the reality of “things” not needed when inflation destroys the middle class .
                            You can’t live without food but everything on that list is basically a luxury and not needed like Facebook, Netflix and others . So losing value in something that was way way overvalued does not concern most average Joes …. But food and fuel do .

Not surprising at all , when you demolish the disposable income of the middle class this is the result .

As the depression starts rolling, you will be surprised how much food demand will drop as well. People will go without food (for a while) to keep a cell phone. This is why during the 30's while there were crop failures due to drought there also was low prices often times as well. One day it will be the right day to forward price.

Comment

The next crash . . . . Home listings jump as sellers rush to cash out of the hot housing market.

What housing shortage? Developers now at-risk?

Comment

Seems my neighbour who told me to back the truck up on oil stocks last March was correct.
                                Saw him driving a new truck.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...