• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RCMP Checkup

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCMP Checkup

Sorry, but I want the police force catching criminals, not trespassing on my property for no reason and without a court order.

After covid, my faith and trust in cops is zero.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rccheck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	780254.

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Sorry, but I want the police force catching criminals, not trespassing on my property for no reason and without a court order.

After covid, my faith and trust in cops is zero.

[ATTACH]10499[/ATTACH].
    That ain't gonna happen.

They are so understaffed they for sure don't have time to be stopping in to check up on Joe Straight.

They do their best to respond to 911 type call outs.

Did I not hear recruiting has dropped off 47% since black lives matter media calls to defund police.

Not a popular career choice. Immigrants will be moving to that field next.

Comment

Makes you wonder what is in your RCMP file. Did you support a convoy recently? The cops are no longer interested in real crime so might as well be defunded. Many years ago I called the RCMP after being ripped off and got an education so I know not to do that again. They were not interested. Fortunately that has not happened since.

Comment

Last week I watched a guy park his truck at the end of my road at the locked gate. Dropped his tailgate and let a dog out. Climbed my gate and walked over to where I have some equipment stored, and then came through the bush right into the middle of my yard (main yard, storage buildings etc). I was changing oil on the pad. He had a rifle slung on his shoulder. Was surprised to see me there, maybe because the gate was closed he didn’t think anyone was there, I don’t know. After an exchange he huffed and puffed and left.
        Called the RCMP. I could write a book on what happened next but in summary, you better have a lot of time to kill if you decide to call the police. Response time just to show up was at least 3 hours. Didn’t bother running the plate number before coming as I provided all the info.
        And when you call the police here you get a dispatch from the city 500km away, good luck explaining directions to them. I am 25mins from a town of 50,000 people with a local RCMP office obviously, but not allowed to talk to them directly.

End result: it was one of the local Hutterites from 6 miles away. Everyone including the police was oblivious to the trespassing. Should have dealt with it myself. The lack of English should have been my clue but I was a little stunned that somebody would be so brazen to sneak through the bush and enter my yard in the middle of the day.

Comment

Taiaga, first thing you should have done is record the whole thing.

Whats wrong with some people - walk into your yard with a dog and a rifle.

Comment

The days of private property are done. Remember, “Your home is your castle”. Gone too. Maybe we need Elon Musk to fix these loss of freedoms too.

Comment

Trackhoe is an important piece of farm equipment. Even in dry areas. I have one but it is less usable in urban areas.

Comment

The only time we see cops out here is when something like this happens.

This is only three miles from my place. Usually it’s just thieves taking anything they can or torching stolen vehicles but they’re shaking things up now. The joys of living in no man’s land between two detachments.

Comment

Perhaps it's time for a provincial police force and the RCMP could be used to protect Ottawa and Chuck from the rapist and arsonist truckers, vet's and bikers.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                    The only time we see cops out here is when something like this happens.

This is only three miles from my place. Usually it’s just thieves taking anything they can or torching stolen vehicles but they’re shaking things up now. The joys of living in no man’s land between two detachments.
                    We have the same issues just a few miles from town . RCMP are run off their feet . One neighbour broke into 3 times this past month
                    Behind frustration for some guys .
                    Catch and release justice system

Comment

The guys who get caught should have to do 30 days of community service for the victims they have wronged, shoveling bin bottoms, fixing fence, repairing and maintaining equipment, rebuilding corrals, general yard cleanup, and picking rock. After day two most would be a no show and you would never see them again.
                      But then I would have to do community work for them because in today's world I was guilty of abuse. Then I'd learn how steal cars, sell drugs, vandalize property . . . . . . . . . . only in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                        The guys who get caught should have to do 30 days of community service for the victims they have wronged, shoveling bin bottoms, fixing fence, repairing and maintaining equipment, rebuilding corrals, general yard cleanup, and picking rock. After day two most would be a no show and you would never see them again.
                        But then I would have to do community work for them because in today's world I was guilty of abuse. Then I'd learn how steal cars, sell drugs, vandalize property . . . . . . . . . . only in Canada.
                        Nah I don’t want the guys stealing from me in my yard more than they are already.😉 Make ‘em pick garbage in the ditches like I did in 4-H years ago. It’s usually the first Saturday in May so there’s still time to round up some of the bad apples out there. Supposedly it builds character……………

Comment

I saw the local crew finally checking on the monster grow op, 125 ft from the trans Canada highway. It's only been there a year as they drove back and forth to the detachment wonder what finally tipped them off the 600 volt three phase with the 3 giant transformers hanging off the pole or the smell of 10000 skunks wafting for miles and miles. Eventually I was going to make a giant sign

FREE POT. Next turn.
                          Everyone in the community knew about the place.
                          Except the RCMP.

Comment

Last time a cop came up to my door he asked if I could remove a dead calf off the hi-way ( not Mine ). Angus calve on the hi-way in the dark a bad combo for a small car and neighbors weekend away a bit spoiled. That's not how I used to spend my saturday nights but I wonder how many of those calls rural cops have to deal with every year besides the regular crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                              Last time a cop came up to my door he asked if I could remove a dead calf off the hi-way ( not Mine ). Angus calve on the hi-way in the dark a bad combo for a small car and neighbors weekend away a bit spoiled. That's not how I used to spend my saturday nights but I wonder how many of those calls rural cops have to deal with every year besides the regular crap.
                              They've been in here asking for help with FN animals during easter dinner , yet when called because 5 horses are standing in the middle of the 100 km paved county road the officers response was " what am I supposed to do all I have is a truck and a rifle" I told him you've got 2 choices" and went back to harvest. Found the horses in one of our north pasture the next day
                              "Someone" opened the gate without permission and chased them in to our field and we had to deal with them.they were heading for Fort McLeod but the owner came looking for them. Fence was non existant in road ditch between FN and county road. Took us 3 months and finally a call to the reeve to get the county to fix it. FN wont do it and the local MPs office gets completely unavailable when asked if the FN is crown land or FN land and whom should be responsible for its fences.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...