• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Easter egg forecasters , what is in store for us weather wise this year??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to get peas 1/2 done before next Friday night / Saturday rain ....hopefully rain.
    will get a system through after that two hot days coming up, time will tell how much. would be nice to get even 1/2 to 1 inch. then get rolling full bore after that.

Comment

Big runoff, a bit heavier flows and longer lasting than usual, started a few days ago. Seems like such a waste of water when the dugout fills in the first few hours the water runs. Usually able to start seeding a month after the creek runs. Should be sooner though with any typical temps.

And the stalled migration is in full force. Birds rushing to get to nesting grounds before the eggs all drop out in flight. Yesterday was the first day it smelled of spring. Disappearing snow cover will do that I guess.

Funny how some nicer weather can bring a guy back from the brink. Two double digit temps in a row. 10 and 12.

Spring is the best. Late, or normal, it’s the best.

Lambing was supposed to start today, but started several days ago, and is in full force. The MIRACLE that is new life, the instincts that are wired in that never fail, and the intricacies of nature, that are in my view, such obvious proof of CREATION, astound me always. It’s amazing beyond belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
        Big runoff, a bit heavier flows and longer lasting than usual, started a few days ago. Seems like such a waste of water when the dugout fills in the first few hours the water runs. Usually able to start seeding a month after the creek runs. Should be sooner though with any typical temps.

And the stalled migration is in full force. Birds rushing to get to nesting grounds before the eggs all drop out in flight. Yesterday was the first day it smelled of spring. Disappearing snow cover will do that I guess.

Funny how some nicer weather can bring a guy back from the brink. Two double digit temps in a row. 10 and 12.

Spring is the best. Late, or normal, it’s the best.

Lambing was supposed to start today, but started several days ago, and is in full force. The MIRACLE that is new life, the instincts that are wired in that never fail, and the intricacies of nature, that are in my view, such obvious proof of CREATION, astound me always. It’s amazing beyond belief.
        You bet Sheepwheat.

This first calver spit out a calf just now and became a momma without any instructions. He’ll be up getting his lunch before I get mine😉

You need to put some pics up. I think most of us would enjoy them. Good luck with the lambing 🍀

Comment

Amazing how well they can look after themselves given lots of room and no distractions.

Just don't drive buy with the feed truck.😯
          Last edited by shtferbrains; Apr 30, 2022, 14:09.

Comment

And they wonder why a stubborn old bugger like me still keeps his 10 cows around.Many thanks to the younger neighbour who winters them for a fee. I got them home yesterday. 2 calved 8 to go. At this stage in life sort of like grandkids. Let someone else do the heavy lifting just have them around for the fun part!

Comment

https://youtu.be/HNnWpXCHNmQ

Quickdick is always entertaining.

He's got the calving season hair going.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...