• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good morning all its a sunny colder morning in Sask and I'm up at the crack of dawn to go to the farm and then write my anhydrous exam again. New owners new exam.

Income tax is done and I can honestly say **** you Trudeau and all your stupid spending.

Today is budget day and farmers will be looking at the budget and wondering WTF why arent we even mentioned as always. They did give guys short of cash this spring a surprise with a total payout of the cash advance they apply for upfront.

Will, there be something in it I'm thinking No.

Crop report. Well, the melt is on in our area creeks are running as they use to for the first time in a few years. Dugouts are full or filling up and snow still has to go on the back roads and fence lines and some fields. South of the valley is close to being done.

Rainfall for the year total is 2/10 it's a start, but I feel we will be going around potholes this spring and no end to end. Last falls heavy rain and hail event filled up the soil and water will sit.

Drill 1 was yanked out of the snowbank after we dug out most of it with the loader, work will start on drill one next week to change discs and newly designed anhydrous tip. and sc****r from Manitoba. Drill 2 has a few more days to get pulled out. Tractors have the oil changed and are almost all ready to go.

Grain cleaning has started and peas are almost done. Not sure why I'm seeding the ****ers as local bids for next fall are a joke. But ND has a 16.50 and 14 is common all over the place our terminal thinks $11.50 is just awesome. I upped my target again when I got that call. The next crop to clean is spring wheat and then finish up with barley this year.

Seeding in our area is for sure not going to happen till early may we need a dry down.

Seeding plans might change at the last moment as we have swing acres this year.

Canola 5000
    HRS wheat 4100
    Swing acres

Peas 600
    Barley 300

If we drop the above they will go to wheat.

Canola seed getting delivered next week and liberty also.

Round up bought last march so not an issue.

Fertilizer price is insane and those who waited arent getting rewarded this year those who bought early still got ****ed and no shortages in the USA so there won't be any in Canada. It was a game and a joke we got screwed again.

Land rent is moving on up and a new threshold has been hit. You need land to farm so either you pay or you buy the shit.

Some guys won't get the tractors they ordered last year for spring. Hmm, wonder if our combines will arrrive. Did order a Tractor for 2023 sure hope it arrives by next spring.

Auctions are nuts this year on some stuff, Not combines but other stuff. Semis are way up and drills if they are good fetch a real nice price. But if you sold yours and the new one hasn't arrived and won't you buy someone else to get the job done.

Have a great day stay safe and Plant 22 is just a few days away.

Comment

Oh parts that are short supply V packers plus discs for banders and vehicles if your going new.

Comment

Going skidooing here today. I did see a bare patch yesterday. It’s slow but it’ll happen!

Comment

around here you could almost go seeding it is very dry here. Plant the same amount of crops as last year I am keepinf my 4 year rotatation. Not preselling anything.

Comment

Three big provinces and their will be everything from floods to drought to timely rain some hits and some misses.

Cool today so not much melting going on.

Snow further north and lots.

Comment

Shortages everywhere popping up. Order X9 with tracks, be here early. Tires well you got bumped 2-3 months….

Semi tires have gone crazy. Just like ritchie brother sales…..

If I had a farm sale today, I’d have gains on lots of equipment…..

Comment

Great news I have a delivery date for one x9 but still missing two more. Now a few things aren’t on these machines that was ordered will come later.

Looked at sea doos today and none available Saskatoon or REGINA.

LOTS OF FUNNY SHIT GOING ON

Comment

Still able to skidoo in our area, but everyone is ready for the melt! Some ditches have been opened up by the local RM to help control the water.

Not a lot of action in our yard yet, things still buried under snow so still working around in the shop. Going to get some grain cleaned next week by a local guy and going to head to the city with trailer to pick a few things up (freight is extremely expensive for us out in the boonies).

Not much old crop left to sell, glad prices keep creeping higher as it pulls new crop up with it.

Comment

Found the heavy equipment trailer now just have to negotiate with a fellow snowbird. Oh they are the worst kind. HAHAHA

Anhydrous tanks are almost out of the snow well at least one you can see most of it the other is now just the top rail.

The quick question has anyone ever put ammonia on with a high-speed colter system like a 60ft JOHN DEERE 2510H High-Speed Applicator I would have paid for my ammonia if I had put it on last fall.

Comment

Or something build in canada

Or other company

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        Found the heavy equipment trailer now just have to negotiate with a fellow snowbird. Oh they are the worst kind. HAHAHA

Anhydrous tanks are almost out of the snow well at least one you can see most of it the other is now just the top rail.

The quick question has anyone ever put ammonia on with a high-speed colter system like a 60ft JOHN DEERE 2510H High-Speed Applicator I would have paid for my ammonia if I had put it on last fall.
                        If it’s wet or some rain after harvest to mellow things out👍If it’s dry and hard might not be so good.

Comment

still checking into this but the Federal Gov budget had something with Corporations or trusts with over 10 mill of assets had a tax change any one else read this"?

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                            If it’s wet or some rain after harvest to mellow things out👍If it’s dry and hard might not be so good.

Freeze dirt to the disk might create big problems in the fall or early spring when the soil is cold.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                              Freeze dirt to the disk might create big problems in the fall or early spring when the soil is cold.
                              That may well be an issue , could be a sweet set up for liquid N . But fertilizer and that many bearings might be an issue too
                              Be a fast efficient way to get N down though
                              They should pull easy

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...