• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April fools joke?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April fools joke?

This from National Post:

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    This from National Post:

And on a lighter note:
    Would it be foolish to buy $960 Nov 22 puts at $$75/t???

Good question for April fools day 2022!!!

Spent an hour listening to Cargill marketing outlook this morning…

Interesting that they were completely caught off guard by the Russians invading Ukraine…

Discounting Ukrainian 2022 wheat production by 30% at this point could well be getting the horse before the cart…

Canada has priced ourselves out of all Canola export markets… the EU refuses to take our GMO canola for anything but biofuels…

160,000ac increase in 2022 pea acres in the US (mostly North Dakota) if we have any where near a ‘normal’ yellow pea crop in 2022 the high value US fractionation market will dry up More Quickly than our fields have in the past 2 weeks!!! (And that has been record fast!!!)

So… for an April fool… reduce pea acres… increase wheat??? Canola at 40%, Peas 15% , Barley (that weed) 5% Wheat 35% Flax 5%?

A fool’s errand… some Faba Beans???

All I know is if I did the opposite of what Cargill wanted we farmers to do… (in the past 3 years) their track record would be outstanding!!!

But… even a broken clock is right once In 24 hours!!!(24hr clock)

Cheers

P.S. the irony of the Canola market taking off right now…is wild…prophetic… and on top Cargill said they were recommending be short May22 Canola…

That would be a very risky decision in my fools mind opinion…
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Apr 1, 2022, 10:41.

Comment

And on a lighter note:
      Would it be foolish to buy $960 Nov 22 puts at $$75/t???

Good question for April fools day 2022!!!

Spent an hour listening to Cargill marketing outlook this morning…

Interesting that they were completely caught off guard by the Russians invading Ukraine…

Discounting Ukrainian 2022 wheat production by 30% at this point could well be getting the horse before the cart…

Canada has priced ourselves out of all Canola export markets… the EU refuses to take our GMO canola for anything but biofuels…

160,000ac increase in 2022 pea acres in the US (mostly North Dakota) if we have any where near a ‘normal’ yellow pea crop in 2022 the high value US fractionation market will dry up More Quickly than our fields have in the past 2 weeks!!! (And that has been record fast!!!)

So… for an April fool… reduce pea acres… increase wheat??? Canola at 40%, Peas 15% , Barley (that weed) 5% Wheat 35% Flax 5%?

A fool’s errand… some Faba Beans???

All I know is if I did the opposite of what Cargill wanted we farmers to do… (in the past 3 years) their track record would be outstanding!!!

But… even a broken clock is right once In 24 hours!!!(24hr clock)

Cheers

P.S. the irony of the Canola market taking off right now…is wild…prophetic… and on top Cargill said they were recommending be short May22 Canola…

That would be a very risky decision in my fools mind opinion…
      Any one else want to shake hands with Putin this morning???

Comment

Any one else want to shake hands with Putin this morning???
        Stonex on RFDTV… 25mmt corn normally exports from Ukraine… expected from 2022 corn crop 1-2mmt exported. Normal Corn Ukrainian production 42mmt… they will be very fortunate to grow 22-24mmt corn in 2022 in Ukraine.

Minimum loss of arable land in 2022 35% in Ukraine… western Ukraine not near as productive as eastern Ukraine… Putin is intentionally targeting the best land, destroying farm yards and equipment in eastern Ukraine.

Sunflowers could be in a very similar situation as Corn Re 2022 Ukrainian production.

About 50% of Ukrainians fertilizer was in position before the Feb 24 Russian Invasion.

Vast majority of the farmers are fighting the Russians.

Putin is getting his going to get revenge on the west… it won’t be oil that is near as disruptive as the food supply chain being scrambled , especially if their is a drought anywhere in the world…

April Fools Day 2022… Biden/Harris dumping the strategic oil reserves to delay increased US oil and gas production… Trudeau and Sigh are harmonized with the US… 170$/t carbon tax… cut Russian oil… cut western Canadian grain production… (fertilizer)…

A fool’s errand… fear of ‘Climate Change’??

Comment

I read Catharine McKenna is the new chair for the UN Climate Panel, so one of these greaseballs got their coveted UN seat after all.
          Don’t think it was an April fools joke either.

Comment

My grandpa lay dying in a ditch the victim of horrible vehicle rollover. I grasped his hand as he breathed his last breaths and with what little strength he had he breathed his last words, my north star for the rest of my life. His last faltering words were, “Always always do the opposite of what Cargill says to do, from contracting, to product offers, to what crops to grow, just do the opposite and you’ll prosper grandson.”

Thanks Grandpa
            Last edited by Grahamp; Apr 1, 2022, 17:59.

Comment

I always thought in was do the opposite of the credit union advisor and Richardsons, but have heard the Cargill thing second hand fairly often.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                I always thought in was do the opposite of the credit union advisor and Richardsons, but have heard the Cargill thing second hand fairly often.
                April Fools Joke in January...

Text messages between one of the convoy protest organizers and an Ottawa police officer show how police told protesters where to park, which one expert calls an agreement gone awry. Convoy protest treasurer Chad Eros filed an affidavit with the Ontario Superior Court as a respondent to the proposed class-action lawsuit responsible for halting the honking downtown. In that affidavit, text messages and emails revealed how organizers communicated with police days before thousands of people and hund

Texts, emails show what Ottawa police told convoy protest organizers ahead of occupation
                Sat, April 2, 2022, 2:00 AM
                A few police officers stand on Parliament Hill as the number of protesters began to swell on Jan. 28. (Ivanoh Demers/CBC - image credit)

Text messages between one of the convoy protest organizers and an Ottawa police officer show how police told protesters where to park, which one expert calls an agreement gone awry.

Convoy protest organizer Chad Eros filed an affidavit with the Ontario Superior Court as a respondent to the proposed class-action lawsuit responsible for halting the honking downtown. In that affidavit, text messages and emails revealed how organizers communicated with police days before thousands of people and hundreds of vehicles began to paralyze downtown streets.

On Jan. 25, three days before the most eager first convoy protesters arrived with large trucks to block city streets, Ottawa police Const. Isabelle Cyr-Pidcock texted Eros instructing him to send her an itinerary of the protesters.

"I will have a definite plan for you tomorrow morning," read the officer's text to Eros.

The protest organizer responded by saying he was "so happy" police and organizers could work together, and the officer responded with "Absolutely!"

Lars Hagberg/Reuters
                Coventry Road lot 'secured' for protesters

The affidavit does not include all communication between the two. It does include another text on the night of Jan. 25 where Cyr-Pidcock sought itinerary information from Eros.

"Don't want to bug you but if you want us to work with you, I need the info that I requested. When will you send everything?" the officer wrote just ahead of the three-week illegal occupation of Ottawa's downtown core.

Eros responded to say he was working on it but no further texts appear to be exchanged on that date.

The next morning, Cyr-Pidcock tells Eros about the parking lot at Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton (RCGT) stadium on Coventry Road, which had been "secured" by police for convoy protesters coming from the east.

"You can start working on a shuttle for them," she wrote. "Almost done planning for the west convoy."

The Coventry Road encampment became a stronghold for protesters and was used to co-ordinate meal and fuel deliveries to participants downtown."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...