• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone believe inflation is 5.5%?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone believe inflation is 5.5%?

Today I went to town and bought a few things. I bought some spray paint, $9.99 a can, same can same store last fall was $7.99. Bulk bolts again same store were $5.99 a pound, last fall $3.99 a pound( yes in Alberta not sold by the kg). Maybe I am mathematically challenged but that looks like more than 5.5% to me. There are not to many things I can think of that have only gone up by 5.5%! Am I wrong?

Agreed. Way more than that but the idiots in charge can’t admit how big a phuck ups they are all in one fell swoop. Maybe they shud give out more free money and lower interest rates more.

Comment

5.5% a quarter yes but not a year.

Comment

If you base it on the prices of the machinery on Ritchie Bros at Vauxhall today inflation is wayyyyyy up.
        How about the 70 ft system 95:that cost around 19000 new selling for 40 k.

Comment

Absolutely something fishy with posted inflation rates. Can only hope income matches.

Comment

Heard on radio today, Stats Canada is changing it's method of calculating the cost of food/groceries. Coming up with a different formula( I'm sure the intent is to hide inflation, as if nobody will notice)
            Still others will hear what is proclaimed in the Media, and go with it.

Comment

Farmers use to joke that 649 was there retirement program now just have a auction sale and sell all your old steel . If I see one more add selling a tractor that's in great shape ( motor just seized that's all and one bad tire) think I'm going to freak out

Comment

Friend bought a mattress pad at a Saskatoon store starts with J on Feb 17 for 69.99. Decided to buy a second Mar 29, now 119.99. Just a bit of a price hike, wouldn’t you say?

Comment

While the conservatives talk about the average Canadian's inflation, they are oblivious to the issues that their voters are facing on the farm.

To be as quiet as a church mouse and only wake up prior to seeding is an insult to my intelligence.

The responses to letters are almost as bad as what is said in question period from the liberals

Comment

UCP in Alberta is bragging about balanced budget but at whose expense I don't know anyone that can balance their personal budget. Well except for government cronies and their grifters.

Comment

In my math , inflation is at a MINIMUM of 50 % on everything we've been buying lately. some stuff more , some less.

Leave it to the liberals to not tell us what the real numbers are.

Happy spring everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                        If you base it on the prices of the machinery on Ritchie Bros at Vauxhall today inflation is wayyyyyy up.
                        Un****ingbelievable !

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                          High prices for used equipment started a few years ago, as a lot of farmer can't afford new anymore.

We've always bought good quality used equipment, and been very fortunate. You drive into the farmer's yard and that's your fist indicator.

We always go look at machinery before the auction sale and call to talk to the farmer before hand.

Just saying.

Comment

So very glad I don't need to replace anything for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              So very glad I don't need to replace anything for a while!
                              Our JD 8850 4wd arrive after lunch!
                              Has Dozer 20.8/42 the classic antique that can pull the air seeder or a grain cart!

There are some great buys if a person careful!
                              A 400hp spare tractor is a nice antique to have around… no chips in it! Auto steer easy to put on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...