• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land dealings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
    There's some serious money behind Monette. any rumours as to who? they've expanded into montana and arizona too..
    Bank of NS and Pattison and some outside investors, not likely Canadian domiciled.

Thats the rumor anyway.

Wondering what the end game is though. Like SF said maybe taking restrictions off foreign investment? or big tracks to be bought up for whatever? Bill Gates etc? Chinese? Give away to enviro groups & natives?

But I dont buy the economics of size argument. I see the risk out pacing any efficiencies in such an operation.

Something else in play here.

Comment

And the winery in Kelowna that the locals are fighting at every turn.

Don’t kid yourself, there are zero economies of scale when you are that spread out.

Land investing is all it is.

Comment

The investors have done well with it resulting in more investors......

More than one way to get to the high life?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a Ponzi scheme!

Comment

I hold no grudge to the guys in this post, they are doing things I don't have the skill set to do or the interest. that being said...

I imagine there is some economy to scale in the buying and selling of goods, I imagine the slippage/spillage percentage would saw off the gains.

There is a huge multiple unit discount, but stroking that cheque every year has to hurt a bit. I rarely find brand new equipment ever works as good as second or third year stuff, always has a few bugs.

The alarming part is with continuous growth, the financial picture is never caught up. When you dig through crash and burn farm data, that is always the case. The cost for due diligence would be tremendous if it was done right.

Stamp Farms comes to mind

Comment

We can all speculate,but my guess would be that Monette's biggest investor is the US government. When you're farming vegetables in Arizona and wheat in Montana, with the Billions in US farm payments,you would have to think some of that made it north of the border. Then add 25 percent for the exchange. More power to them use your money to make more.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...