• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer Use

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    Only saying what they did in Denmark. And that was done because of N runoff, not climate change. Also need to point out Denmark starting point way higher than N rates in Canada but methods worked there so chances are will see same things tried here just for a different reason. Personally think new regs, mandates, and controls imposed will be more onerous and costly than taxes
    20 some years ago I foresaw.
    Canada the home of European regulations and Australian farm supports.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
      Denmark has had a problem with too much hog manure for their land base for generations.
      They have required recommendations from certified agronomists for many years now.
      Winter ****seed and Winter Wheat.
      Split applications of N due to high rainfall over winter.
      High yields and high EU type subsidies.
      Intensive ag vs our extensive ag.
      They have real problems with leaching and runoff.
      We don't.
      Very few direct comparisons.
      Agree , Completely different land use situation for the most part other than Hutterite colonies.

Comment

We're doing our part to fertilize the same as last year and the year before. No change in rates other than I get pig shit this year first time in three years. Found a culvert so maybe another section will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
          I’d be in favour of higher gst if it meant income taxes were reduced. Consumption taxes are more fair. However it doesn’t work that way. Heir Freeland would up it all.
          With the Jag & Justin pet projects, the most concerning tax grab for farmers might be capital gains changes, inheritance/death taxes, wealth taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
            With the Jag & Justin pet projects, the most concerning tax grab for farmers might be capital gains changes, inheritance/death taxes, wealth taxes.
            When I asked about the 30% reduction, I was told by the Alberta Gov Ag Dept. it was to reduce emissions/losses to environment by 30%, so was told more efficient application utilization could reduce total emissions without reducing total applications by 30% of year 2020 applications 'emissions' resulting from those applied nutrient levels.
            How this would be administrated on a farm by farm basis... is beyond me... livestock manure applications... etc... to soils... much to be figured out I was told...

Cheers

Comment

Peter Zeihan take on fertilizer and the geo political situation
              Last edited by furrowtickler; Mar 28, 2022, 08:08.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                youtu.be/ZMgCTFjHMQA

Peter Zeihan take on fertilizer and the geo political situation
                Interesting thoughts…

God have mercy on us if/when all these catastrophes come home to roost… Global Climate Change is the least of our problems…

Cheers!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...