• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concrete In Pole Shed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEP View Post
    In 1998 I built a 42 x 66 with 18.5 ft walls. I have 16ft doors. I think it was $2,000 to go 2ft higher. I wish I had.

Neighbor put 16ft walls and 14ft doors and can't get his combine in. It's a tr87.
    20' ceiling with 18' doors is needed for combines. 24x18' overhead doors are not that expensive[put window panels in]... auto door openers can't be beat driving in and out especially in winter. Getting old stinks... everyone really enjoys auto door openers...make sure lots of rebar in the floor... loaded trucks/combine need it.

Comment

Extra couple inches of concrete for 12 ft wide up the centre with 14 ft x 18 ft door at far end great for driving loaded trucks right though.

Comment

What kind of rubber are you guys running? The 670 we bought clocks in at 13ft 8in with the extensions down.

I mean there is a limit to how tall combines can get. They still have to get under power lines.

Comment

You can’t raise hopper top inside with an 18 ft ceiling
          You sure can’t drive in a 16’ door with them up
          You hafta work inside hopper sometime
          Cieling fans hang down 2 feet
          Don’t do it
          Don’t even think about

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
            In 1998 I built a 42 x 66 with 18.5 ft walls. I have 16ft doors. I think it was $2,000 to go 2ft higher. I wish I had.

Neighbor put 16ft walls and 14ft doors and can't get his combine in. It's a tr87.
            Did 16"walls in 1988, 14' door, 9870 gets in with auger down. Yes too tall, too wide, too heavy...
            6" concrete on 12" tamped fill covered by 6 mil poly, 12" squares 1/2' rebar, no issues with loaded trucks.

Used 2" styro around building, down along slab sides and 2' horizontal.
            Never been below zero inside, no cracks beyond stress cuts in floor, done in 20'x20' squares.
            Just keep it warm, ground under slab never heaves.

Comment

131/2 ft is legal height on the highway. Dry vans are near that.

Some of those old black bridges are only 14' in the centre. Only 13' near sides where braces hang down.

Comment

Combines won't fit anywhere soon. What is height of the X9, lids closed?

Comment

Do what neighbor did put light and mounts in hopper to get thru door and forget about them until he went to unload first hopper of winter wheat the next year

Comment

So we landed on 48x60x18 with a 24ft wide x 16ft overhead door. The price tag will be in the $125K range. Post building with Goodon.

Just wondering if I should have got that door wider.

Comment

Wider!!!! Do it!

Comment

We put a 40’ door in ours and wish we would have gone to 45’ now, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          So we landed on 48x60x18 with a 24ft wide x 16ft overhead door. The price tag will be in the $125K range. Post building with Goodon.

Just wondering if I should have got that door wider.
                          maybe ? when we run 2 combines in side by side its a little tight
                          we have 26 foot bifold
                          it has served us well but get on the phone and change it to 24' x 18' bifold
                          you will never regret it , bet not much more either , we have had more trouble with overhead than bifold and almost impossible to get airtight seal on overhead like bifold with auto lock , goodon won't install overhead either but will bifold unless it changed
                          spend a little extra on remotes that stop partway and definitely auto lock
                          thats shop is the same size as ours exactly , you will be happy with the size
                          we have a 16' overhead on the side at one end
                          sure nice for snow tractor etc.
                          ours was $68 k with 18' x 26' bifold and 16' x 16' overhead in 2017
                          no inflation there lol
                          but canola was $9
                          PM if you have questions

Comment

I turned my pole shed into a heated shop 7 years ago. Floor is 6" thick with in floor heat. We put a 2 X 6 all the way around the inside and poured up to it. Not a crack so far but that's due to a very good packing job when I built the pad for the pole shed. I think it also helps that the weight of the walls is solely on the poles and not at all on the concrete.

Comment

Don't forget to put some Ipex water line in the floor in case you ever want to heat the building. A heated shop floor makes for a nice workshop. Only thing is that if you ever want to bolt anything to the floor you have to know where the lines are. I didn't put insulation under the slab, but 2 FT out on the outside perimeter. Don't know if it's better or worse put it seems to work...floors nice and warm in the winter.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...