• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concrete In Pole Shed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i put up a 52 by 52 by 18 with 30 foot bi fold door in 2018 , have old 26 by 40 shop atached on the side , it pole built , they said very hard to get studs 18 foot long and straight ! ended up around 100 thousand with heating and wireing all done , even if the cost is high now so what , if you can use the workshop build it anything is better than money sitting in the bank now with the way things are going

Comment

Money sits in the bank? Mine swirls in the toilet.

Comment

60x72x20 pole shed insulated and lined interior, overhangs, windows, 2 overhead doors, pour floor after with two sumps, $220k

For Integrity, add $50k.

60x72x20 stick build w. 2x8 on 4’ walls with floor, same finishing, $315k

Quotes with the last 30 days.

Electrical extra.

Comment

Go at least 18' high, if not 20'.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
            60x72x20 pole shed insulated and lined interior, overhangs, windows, 2 overhead doors, pour floor after with two sumps, $220k

For Integrity, add $50k.

Electrical extra.
            Built 2017
            48x60x18
            Goodon built , finished inside , insulated 16 foot overhead door and 26x18 bifold $68 k total
            Stud wall same size was $125k This is an excellent building
            Poured cement around posts
            No gaps inside

Comment

How thick of a pad is everyone using? I noticed dad had poured 8 inches on that partial pad we have.

Contractor is saying 6 inches is good.

Comment

Go bigger!

Our main shop is pole with 6 in concrete for cats and hoe.

Addition is 2 x 6 and it’s a slab with piles by old building

Other shed is stuck with 3 ft concrete piles and sides and stuck on top 80 x 140

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  Go bigger!
                  Farm is at size, I am last generation. Right sized. This will be a PT winter play shop after I retire as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post

For Integrity, add $50k.

Electrical extra.

Edit: I checked again and noticed the quoted stick build is on thickened edge slab.

I had thought is was pony wall as that was what we had discussed. So add $50k.

Not sure $100k difference between a pole building with poured floor and stick built on slab is worth the extra money, they will look identical when done and buttoned up.

Comment

With energy costs increasing every year, you will want to insulate under that concrete floor and around the perimeter. I spray foamed the bottom wall cavity in from the outside to even with the inside of the poles. Put 4" of styrofoam under the outside 4' and then 2" on rest of the inside.

Other things to think about are concrete apron in front?

Tyvek on the outside of the building under the tin is cheap, but inconvenient for the construction crew, so they don't mention it, but it is something you want.

I wish that I had put a small roof over my walk in doors.

Make sure that you are getting the deepest posts you can. An 8" deep post can get 9-9.5" of insulation in when it swells out into the horizontal strapping for the tin. Better to have 8" posts spaced wider than to have 6" deep posts put closer together.

I had the end posts run all the way up and attached to the top of the truss. Some companies do this, but most will not unless you ask for it. Way stronger.

I wish that an exhaust fan had been installed on initial shop construction.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Farm is at size, I am last generation. Right sized. This will be a PT winter play shop after I retire as well.
                        I don't understand why you keep saying you are last generation. I'm sure I thought You said you had kids.

Comment

How thick of a pad is everyone using? I noticed dad had poured 8 inches on that partial pad we have.

Contractor is saying 6 inches is good.
                          5.5 “ heaviest psi cement

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            Go bigger!

Our main shop is pole with 6 in concrete for cats and hoe.

Addition is 2 x 6 and it’s a slab with piles by old building

Other shed is stuck with 3 ft concrete piles and sides and stuck on top 80 x 140
                            You might be surprised but your cat weighs same as an x9 or close
                            Hoe will be less

Comment

16 foot ceiling is a big mistake
                              Good for nothing
                              Your overhead door will be 14
                              Don’t do it

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                16 foot ceiling is a big mistake
                                Good for nothing
                                Your overhead door will be 14
                                Don’t do it
                                In 1998 I built a 42 x 66 with 18.5 ft walls. I have 16ft doors. I think it was $2,000 to go 2ft higher. I wish I had.

Neighbor put 16ft walls and 14ft doors and can't get his combine in. It's a tr87.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...